Posts: 127 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hannover, Germany
Originally Posted by mak View Post
or mid of nov, or end. maybe dec
nokia has not released any date yet

would you bet on end of october?
Come on, mak, you are not alone. For me its also the first Nokia and the first smartphone device. But, hey while it is a nice gadget my live does not depend on the release date of a mobile computer!
As a strong OpenSource supporter I learned the answer to the question "When is it ready?" - "When its done!"
Of course I also whould like to have an official delay announcement instead of watching spooky release dates passing someone have to enter in their online shopping system.
I'm waiting for a dual atom server mainboard that is not very present on German market now for over 3 weeks and this was for shorten the time till the N900 will arrive and having some fun in building a new data server. Now its seems I get both stuff at the same time ;-)

Kopf hoch!

Thorsten

P.S.
printus24: Lieferung Hersteller bedingt voraussichtlich in Kalenderwoche 3/2010
Hey, its calendar week 3/2010 and not quarter!

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by bocaJ View Post
Great idea! Might I suggest the Free Software Foundation

https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom/donate
+1 here - thats a great idea...

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
wasn't it "end of september" before? i'll bet on 30th of october you can read on there online shop "mid of november"
and so on and so on
link to official press release or it wasn't

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
link to official press release or it wasn't
was there a official press release for october?

have fun with your decision,
i want an official statement from nokia, before 2012! without any copy&paste from there online shop

the nokia marketing sucks
whining about nokia marketing sucks is not going to bring the shipping date closer. and on top of that october is not gone yet.

was there a official press release for october?
no?

yes?
http://www.nokia.com/press/press-rel...newsid=1337594

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
The date is end of october. Stop whining.
What makes you say that?

The marketing guy just showed up making excuses for why he has no clue when this thing will launch!

Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
waiting for the bug free device built on open computer technology is like trying to find the holy grail
This is true for everything, not just open computer technology. Anyway, from these posts I gather that the final disk image to be burned into the phones is still not finalized. At some point in the future, somebody will assume the responsibility to send a file with the definitive image to the production facility.

Only at that point will the delivery time be somehow foreseeable. And that process (burning eproms and flash disks, last QC testing, packaging, dispatching to the central distribution center, and then onwards to smaller and smaller entities) will certainly take a handful of days.

The proof of openness that we could ask Nokia/Maemo would be for them to make public, not when Nokia has officially started delivery, but when Maemo has pressed the send button for the transfer of the definitive image.

(then, 30 seconds after that button is pressed a new bug will be found - but that's life)

wasn't it "end of september" before? i'll bet on 30th of october you can read on there online shop "mid of november"
and so on and so on
where in the world were you when nokia it self said it will be available in OCTOBER in selected market.
I know where you got that from nokiablog.

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
What makes you say that?

The marketing guy just showed up making excuses for why he has no clue when this thing will launch!
nokia is limited liability company and those have stright guidelines for publishing information and correcting updated information asap?

Tags
black hole, choc santa is a priority, delete this thread, egg on toast, fokia n900000000000000 :d, i love peter, mental instatution, n900 is a hoax :p, n900 is soylent green, not-garbage thread!, november release, peter is hot, peter was here, serenity now, spam, this is daycare, this thread is dead, urge to kill rising, when will it arrive!, whiners unite, your face is a daycare, zamunda