failed to initiate call. Error = 7

I just send the logs

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to captainofiron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
New build!
Fixes based on user log reports:
-> New keys added to user registered number information
-> Contact details page now has the contact's notes.
-> Many users thought that the UI was very slow when qgvdial starts up. Turns out it was actually the background update of contacts and photos. Added a status message that should let the user know that something is happening.
-> Various fixes to the GV api class
-> Sailfish build: Fixed QML in various places and added the backgrounding capability. This hasn't always worked out like I hoped it would.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Hey, uvatbc, would it be possible for qgvdial to make notifications when you have a new gv text message? Currently the only way I know I have a new text message is by checking every few minutes or by getting email notifications.

Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Hey, uvatbc, would it be possible for qgvdial to make notifications when you have a new gv text message? Currently the only way I know I have a new text message is by checking every few minutes or by getting email notifications.
qgvdial does automatically check for new messages and contacts if you have set up the number of minutes in the settings page.

Regarding notifications: I assume you're hinting to the Events feed in the N9 or the Hub in BB10.
I have started investigating this feature and will be doing that after finishing up the work on the Qt5 port that I'm doing at the moment.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
New build:
-> Bunch of UI fixes, code refactoring and general cleanup
-> Uploaded to openrepos.net (Harmattan and SailfishOs).
-> Blackberry build is now Qt5 with a shim qt4 process for bb10 specific crud.
-> Fixed a bug in the Harmattan builds update logic because of which it never really updated anything.

You can always get it from its usual resting place: https://qgvdial.yuvraaj.net/downloader/showAll

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Just downloaded this on Jolla from openrepos through warehouse.

I can login, however I have first have to give the two-pass onetime password two times and the normla password also two times before.

And if I really quit, then I have to do the whole thing again...

But the real problem is, that when I try to call I get this:

Please select a number for: /org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Account/ring/tel/account0

I have a lot of contacts almost 700 and I can browse all of them fine. But if I choose a number from there or dial it manually then I get the above error and the call does not happen

Originally Posted by tonykl View Post
Yay!

I can login, however I have first have to give the two-pass onetime password two times and the normla password also two times before.
Yes, I know about this problem - I've not fully figured out how to fix it.
However, you should need to do this only once ever: The first time you login.

That's a problem. That shouldn't happen. Please send me logs.
Also: You don't have to "Really quit". If you close the app by swiping down then it will put itself in the background.
While not useful at the moment, it will be once I get phone integration working again.

Please select a number for: /org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Account/ring/tel/account0
This I know how to fix:
On the dial page, there is a button on the top that selects the method that qgvdial will use to initiate a phone call.
Click it. It should show a page with the different dialling methods possible.
One of them should have the word "ring" in it. This method uses your mobile plan's voice minutes to initiate a call using Google Voice.
Click on it and it should show another page asking you to select a number for "...ring/tel/account0".
Select your SIM card number.
Try dialing now.

I have a lot of contacts almost 700 and I can browse all of them fine. But if I choose a number from there or dial it manually then I get the above error and the call does not happen
The BB10 platform has a well defined API to get the mobile number, but I've not found an equivalent for SailfishOS, Harmattan or Maemo.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Harmattan ver.

Seems to 'mess with' local contacts list without confirmation or notification of user.

By 'mess with' I mean 4 of the 5 contacts that favorites on phone aren't faves after logging in. I think it also added in some contacts that I had on Google but not in phone contact list. But since no confirmation, I'm not sure. Also not sure if anything else changed in local contact lwereist. For that matter, I can't know certain no local contacts were deleted.

Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Harmattan ver.

Seems to 'mess with' local contacts list without confirmation or notification of user.

By 'mess with' I mean 4 of the 5 contacts that favorites on phone aren't faves after logging in. I think it also added in some contacts that I had on Google but not in phone contact list. But since no confirmation, I'm not sure. Also not sure if anything else changed in local contact lwereist. For that matter, I can't know certain no local contacts were deleted.
There is no code in qgvdial that touches the local contacts lists.
There is a contacts page inside the app because I did not want to write all the code to deal with merging with local phone contacts.

So I've just found out there's no way for me to find out what the user's phone number is. :/
Now working on a calling workflow that will require the user to specify the outbound number before making a call.