Notices

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
Hi all the maemo communauty

Do you think it's possible to make an app like Cclock or many others that we can get with symbian phones ? (like my old N95 8GB)
Here is some screenshots to see what I mean, this feature miss me a lot on my N900 to see time and many others notifications easily.

Thanks.

Last edited by dtergens; 2010-09-15 at 17:59.

Sorry, but i dont understand

Maybe those pictures are very clear for you, but i see a clock there.

You need a clock? i think that we are plenty of big clocks!

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
What he is asking for is a low-power sort of screensaver that would display even when the phone is locked and the screen is "off".

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Sorry for my bad english too.

No not exactly, I'm looking for a way to have always a clock and notifications (like missed call, missed sms, battery level, connexion operator, etc...) wich are always lit instead a full black screensaver.

I'm just afraid about battery consumption, but with cclok app on N95 8GB, management is correct even if it is still active.

Edit: yep, cfh11

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Maenotify seems close to what you're looking for. For it to be always visible you would need to set the display to never shut off. Check it out:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=52688

The Following User Says Thank You to sadfist For This Useful Post:
Thanks, I know maenotify but it's not what i'm looking for exactly.

I suppose it is simply a function wich is nativly implemented in the most of symbian phones.
Here's on N8 again :

Nativly, it's a very simple feature, but some apps make this function very customised and extremly useful.

Edit : sorry sadfist, I didn't read the end of your post, I didn't know that it could be always visible, thanx I'm going to try it.

Last edited by dtergens; 2010-09-15 at 15:00.

I tried maenotify v.0.4 but I didn't find how to get it always visible :/

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by dtergens View Post
I tried maenotify v.0.4 but I didn't find how to get it always visible :/
Is it possible to configure the lock/display sleep preferences so the screen will lock but not shut off? That way the lock screen would always be visible. It might not be possible via settings but I bet some clever community member could figure out a way to do it.

I didn't find anything in the N900 settings to make this possible, However, the tactile touch should not be active during sleep mode.
Would be great if the communauty could do something to give us this nice feature !