Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
Endso's (personal) Simplest (even for Nokiabot ) , easiest, healthiest (at least until the spiced rum is added ) , cheapest and least ingredient Egg Nog Recipe.

1 blender or electric handmixer.
1 good sized bowl and a jug to pour the mix in afterward for the fridge.

In the bowl 2 beaten eggs (do these 1st)
then throw in the rest of the ingredients below...
blend toss in the jug ...chill...consume (makes 3-ish servings...extrapolate for additional servings)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 dash ground nutmeg
2 1/2 cups milk (2% is fine...even 1%)
3 tablespoons of sugar (raw sugar can be substituted if desired)

yet again for alcool ...
I suggest a spiced rum it makes for a smooth rich addition.
3 (or 4) parts nog to 1 part spiced rum.
pinch of cinnamon on top.
long spoon..
stir vigorously to mix 'er all up
drink
hic
this can be done but i will still go with pichlo's as thats simpler and ingridents are right here actually in case of food cost is no concern i spend the most on food but cost is a concern still
anyway i will try this too but first i ll see how i get along with my first bottle
and if i like then
eggnog = linux i.e too much choices before settling on one

holy sith !
no mead at least not me
i tasted many varities of it all awful
besides theres the whole quality control issue in preparing it not to mention cases of wrong spirit.
all this rant after typing the fancy word mead in the searchbox.

I am wondering when becomes an egg an eggnog? Add a drop of liquor to an egg and you are ready to go?

Thinking of this conundrum I realized I have never heard of a nog - what is a nog? So I googled...
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nog
any beverage made with beaten eggs, usually with alcoholic liquor

That didn't really help.. why have an egg in eggnog? Isn't this a pleonasm? English is a very confusing language. Please fix.

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
essentially the egg is a good binder for the milk and other ingredients to help it stop separation esp after spiced rum has been added
I know there are other recipes that have other alcools as ingredients.
But the alcool tastes tend to come out in most excepting a smooth spiced rum (hence my preference for spiced rum. Ergo ...you barely taste any alcohol-taste at all...making the spiked Nog ..a tasty sneaky drink)

And the King of the Spiced Rums...
oooh..
it is wickedly wicked...
is Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum
check out the old man's website
He's long dead but his art work lives on...
and his killer rum...
so smooth and tasty-tasty ...
it'll surprise you.
stuff should be considered dangerous and illegal it is so bloody good.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
thanks dear
but i am finding it difficult to get white wine or mead for ovious reasons so no ostrich eggs for me
i like to eat eat eat and ....... and food is too broad a category , and thats why i study work and sleep , all so i can have better new delicious food in future
also i figure you will make egg nog too so if you dont mind you can share honest experience and photos on your first bottle of eggnog.

thanks
Sure I Will. But I think I Will have limited time during Christmas becouse I have to constantly remind Jolla about their obligations regarding tablet.
Plus I don't really like milk drinks...so egg, milk and spiced rum.( I do like rum) might not be for me. But I figure if it taste like **** you can always add in a hot pan and make a nice omelet.

We will see what happens...I might mix it up with coffee to get the right taste.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Aug 2014 @ England, UK
Haven't we gone a bit...off topic? :P

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Sure I Will. But I think I Will have limited time during Christmas becouse I have to constantly remind Jolla about their obligations regarding tablet.
Plus I don't really like milk drinks...so egg, milk and spiced rum.( I do like rum) might not be for me. But I figure if it taste like **** you can always add in a hot pan and make a nice omelet.

We will see what happens...I might mix it up with coffee to get the right taste.
you got a good writing style .

holy sith !
no mead at least not me
i tasted many varities of it all awful
besides theres the whole quality control issue in preparing it not to mention cases of wrong spirit.
country spirit right word or am i confusing mead with stuff highly illegal like moonshine
all this rant after typing the fancy word mead in the searchbox.

Originally Posted by Paspie View Post
yeah surely
this thread has lost purpose it has changed courses akin to a river
even thread title saw commits
it should be burnt with fire and ashes dtained on holy river

we need new threads proper threads as lots going on with jolla and its hard to keep track in this olivion.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Paspie View Post
What?? Noo...just add Egg Nog to thread title and we are golden!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund