Notices

Since partitioning my internal memory card on my n810 and booting from the internal memory card, my n810 has not been able to download maps for the map application, there is not enough room.

Is it possible to change the default save location of the maps.
If not is there a way to change the size of the partition without deleting the firmware saved on it.

All/any help will be appreciated.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Which map application? If it's Maemo Mapper, go to Maps>>Manage Repositories>>Cache DB -- I think that will let you change where they're stored.

As for the partitioning, I'm accustomed to the N800, but for the N810, wouldn't it make more sense to boot from the external card? (By "internal card" I assume you mean the 2GB built-in memory?) You could back everything up -- the system partition using Nokia's backup and the other partition by drag-and-drop with your computer -- and then restore after cloning again.

I really need help with this now.
I want to continue booting from my internal 2GB card.
I'm using the default map application, and want to change where the maps are stored, by default. When I try to download maps it tells me there is no space on the internal 2GB card.
How can I change the size of the partition, so that the OS stays on the internal memory but the partition it is in is smaller.

Originally Posted by jackdoor View Post
I really need help with this now.
I want to continue booting from my internal 2GB card.
I'm using the default map application, and want to change where the maps are stored, by default. When I try to download maps it tells me there is no space on the internal 2GB card.
How can I change the size of the partition, so that the OS stays on the internal memory but the partition it is in is smaller.
With the default Maps program (Wayfinder) just copy the maps folder to external memory card. It will find the maps from there. No need for any partitioning.

Tags
default, location, map, partion, save