Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Suweet!

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
I wanted to try this out, but I can't install xclip, I get an error that the package isn't the right size.

I've used myTube before, but the video doesn't start until the download is totally complete for me, and that takes quite a long time generally. It seems from reading some of the threads (including this one) that viewing should happen as the youtube video is downloading?

The Following User Says Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post:
Give me a minute to fire up my computer and I'll upload xclip for you.

Originally Posted by shawnjefferson View Post
I wanted to try this out, but I can't install xclip, I get an error that the package isn't the right size.
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Give me a minute to fire up my computer and I'll upload xclip for you.
No need to upload anything, xclip is already available online. Just read the REQUIRED section in the script as mentioned by the first post.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
^ Okay.

I think I also remember seeing it in the Application Catalog as well, maybe under Maemo Extras, I can't remember.

Also, Shawn, yeah, it will begin playing the video 30 seconds after it begins downloading but you can change that time depending upon your internet speed.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I think I also remember seeing it in the Application Catalog as well, maybe under Maemo Extras, I can't remember.
The version in the repository is either corrupt or exploited. That is why I downloaded the source, built a new binary and put it up on the ASUI site.

--

BTW, anyone happen to know why the forum unsubscribes me after I post in a thread?

BTW, anyone happen to know why the forum unsubscribes me after I post in a thread?
No clue.

I've got about 30 subscriptions and not once have I lost any of them by posting in a thread.

Very weird.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
When all else fails, RTFM! Got it working. Thanks for that!

I noticed on my system that running this under Busybox, mplayer doesn't launch properly. Running under bash works fine.

Last edited by shawnjefferson; 2012-06-12 at 06:58.

I did get this message in my email earlier....

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.
I can't recall ever seeing this before.

Perhaps there are some new coding changes here at TMO.

My notifications always had that, and it was even true until a few months ago (I think when the forum subscriptions went live). Now I get notifications for every post regardless of visiting here or not.