Hello t.m.o,

I was fiddling with my N9 and I removed mp-harmattan-009-pr. I know I know, I should have known better.

Now I have tried to reinstall it, but it seems to depend on a twitter version that is not available in the repo anymore.
Can anyone give me a link to the deb package with "1.3.50+0m8" version of twitter?

I have tried to take the 1.3.95+0m8 version, change the DEBIAN/control file to the 1.3.50 version and then repackage it, but upon installation I get "Aegis rejecting the package".

Is there anyway I can force the installation? dpkg -i --force-all does not work either.

Thank you for your help!

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
edit dpkg status file to have twitter version match mp-harmattan depends. edit back if successful

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on

Ah you see, I saw that but since I removed that package it was not in dpkg status!
Anyway, I found this (of which I wished more mirrors existed):

http://maemo-archive.wedrop.it/downl...harmattan/009/

and I downloaded four packages:
Code:
twitter-meego_1.3.50+0m8_armel.deb
libmeegotwitter1_1.3.50+0m8_armel.deb  
twitter-qml_1.3.50+0m8_armel.deb
twitter_1.3.50+0m8_armel.deb
Then I removed them from my system
Code:
# dpkg -r twitter-meego libmeegotwitter1 twitter-qml twitter
and of course reinstalled them
Code:
# dpkg -i twitter-meego_1.3.50+0m8_armel.deb
libmeegotwitter1_1.3.50+0m8_armel.deb  
twitter-qml_1.3.50+0m8_armel.deb
twitter_1.3.50+0m8_armel.deb
For some reason "twitter" failed to install the first time around so I had to install it again. After that, I simply reinstalled mp-harmattan-009-pr
Code:
# apt-get install mp-harmattan-009-pr
and everything is back to normal, and the whole system is not on the autoremovable list.

Thanks for your replies!

Originally Posted by malmostoso View Post
I was fiddling with my N9 and I removed mp-harmattan-009-pr. I know I know, I should have known better.
I have just done the same.

I recently flashed my device with PR1.3 to repair it after it got into a boot loop. Previously I had flashed PR1.2 and done the PR1.3 upgrade OTA.

I ran an 'apt-get dist-upgrade' and twitter-qml 1.3.95+0m8 was installed and (I think) mp-harmattan-009-pr was removed. Everything seemed fine until I installed something from the store. The installation took really long, probably because most of my system was being uninstalled!

Now, when I open a terminal I get:
Code:
BusyBox v1.20.0.git (MeeGo 3:1.20-0.2+0m8) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

-sh: /usr/bin/aegis-session: not found
-sh: /usr/bin/aegis-session: not found
I can't reinstall mp-harmattan-009-pr as the only source I have in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ is osa.list:
Code:
deb-exec /usr/bin/osa
Is it worth trying to fix, or should I just flash PR1.3 again?

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
If the mp-harmattan package got uninstalled, you probably lost half of the packages as well, so I think you definitely spend less time by reflashing PR1.3.
Next time, do not blindly use the 'apt-get dist-upgrade'. At very least, check what the command is proposing to do, and if any package is marked to be removed, abort the operation and update in smaller steps.

Originally Posted by minimos View Post
If the mp-harmattan package got uninstalled, you probably lost half of the packages as well, so I think you definitely spend less time by reflashing PR1.3.
Thanks for the answer. This is indeed what I ended up doing.
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Next time, do not blindly use the 'apt-get dist-upgrade'. At very least, check what the command is proposing to do, and if any package is marked to be removed, abort the operation and update in smaller steps.
Yes, and the sad thing is I knew of this problem with twitter and have changed twitter (= 1.3.50+0m8) to twitter (>= 1.3.50+0m8) in /var/lib/dpkg/status in my previous installation.

I guess I was curious to see what would happen, or if Nokia had fixed the problem, and thought I would have seen some warning before everything got uninstalled.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
... if Nokia had fixed the problem ...
Har har

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
i wanted to run apt-get dist-upgrade and it say the "mp-harmattan-009-pr" will be removed. It's a system packages asap so how the hell can I update the phone and other apps without removing system packages like this?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
As a rule of thumb, you don't need the MP. It stands for "meta package" and has no content, its only purpose is to pull in other packages as its dependencies. If you do not want all the other packages, having an MP is actually more of a nuisance than help.

Having said that, apt-vet dist-upgrade is generally not a good idea. At least on Fremantle, but I would be very surprised if it were any different on Harmattan.