Notices

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
It's a very long story, including how N950 was worst thing that could happen to Maemo development "world" (see current problems with once-respectable maintainers, that got N950 virus and disappeared without any trace), why N9 isn't worth considering as successor of N900, etc. Of course all of this apply to Harmattan-powered toys, not Mer.

It's definitely off-topic here, but if You're interested why sane Maemo users hate what Nokia did with Meego/Harmattan/N9(50) etc, just search forum.

/Estel
Interesting. I have been having trouble finding the N9 (esp. white) here in TW so haven't been tracking N9 development. I will look into what you say but I am still looking forward to getting my hands on the N9. Regardless of what might have happened with Harmattan I still would love to see RAW on the N9 whether it be fCam based or something else.

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
Interesting. I have been having trouble finding the N9 (esp. white) here in TW so haven't been tracking N9 development. I will look into what you say but I am still looking forward to getting my hands on the N9. Regardless of what might have happened with Harmattan I still would love to see RAW on the N9 whether it be fCam based or something else.
You're making it worse!

:P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by petur View Post
You're making it worse!

:P
This is completely off topic but I feel like I'm missing something here. I know Nokia hasn't handled the Maemo / MeeGo / Harmattan transition well but what's wrong with wanting RAW on the N9. I"m not sure I'm seeing the threads she referring to. Can someone help me fill in the blank here.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
This is completely off topic but I feel like I'm missing something here. I know Nokia hasn't handled the Maemo / MeeGo / Harmattan transition well but what's wrong with wanting RAW on the N9. I"m not sure I'm seeing the threads she referring to. Can someone help me fill in the blank here.
I think the issue is that a number of developers have stopped development on the N900 as soon as they got an N9/N950. While the N950 may be a reasonable replacement for the N900, the N9 (which is all that most of us can get hold of) is definitely not, so the steady flow of developers away from the N900 is very disappointing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
I think the bigger issue at hand is that Nicolai doesn't have an N9 (or an N950 for that matter). And even if he did, the nature of the N9 doesn't lend itself to this type of modification. Plus, the hardware is completely different, so it would be a re-start from square one.

I'm officially going to execute every person that would think about donating N950/N9 to Nicolai BTW, I wonder, if US net automatic netspy just track it down due to usage of "execute" word. Well, probably not, as NSA would already have hands busy with everyone that tries to "execute" code...

Jokes aside, lets go back on topic, ok?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I'm officially going to execute every person that would think about donating N950/N9 to Nicolai
That's a great idea, why didn't I think of that. Once I start my new job Nicolai (and get my white N9) I'll see what I can do... I really want RAW on the N9!

Estel.. I'm in TW so come and get me! ;-)

---- Edit

BTW, I get the fact that people are leaving the N900 development. I won't give my opinion and further ruffle feathers... but suffice it to sayI think any community for Linux where people are excited about both software and hardware is good. Plus as far as I can tell Android doesn't have RAW in any phone...

Last edited by geohsia; 2012-01-10 at 00:02.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Thank you, but I have an N950.
There is no way to get the raw image data on the
N9(50), at least not that way I am doing this on the N900.
Mabe I can find a way, but camera-ui on the N900
has higher priority, for me.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
There is no way to get the raw image data on the
N9(50), at least not that way I am doing this on the N900.
Mabe I can find a way, but camera-ui on the N900
:-)

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

So I downloaded exiftool for Windows and ran the command you listed a few posts back and literally went through every photo I took on the N900 and what a difference.

In fact, I am actually not going to run cornerfix. I certainly could do a better job with the profile but I noticed that it was adding weird discolorations and the RAW file once edited for black levels is so much better that it's really 6 or half dozen which you prefer so I opted for the least work.

So thanks again for the quick fix. I hope the fix gets pushed to CSSU as I think people really will benefit.

Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
(...)
Maybe I can find a way, but camera-ui on the N900
/me is heading to Nicolai donation link

// edit

Nicolai, do you have any other possible way of donating, that doesn't include paypal? They're quite problematic to use, lately.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-01-10 at 18:07.

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle