Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
well dell projector didnt work with the only keyset in pierogi also power button and too many butts are greyed out in the keyset
I have to admit, projector support in Pierogi is pretty limited right now. I really do need to create a set of panels specifically for projector controls, as well as add a lot more config files. BTW, can you tell me anything about the projector you wanted to control (brand, model number, etc.)? Thanks!

nither diffrent car streos that have small remotes worked
Ah, well, I think Pierogi only has two car stereo keysets at the moment. I'll try to throw a few more in. (Again, can you tell me a little about the brand of the stereo? Thanks!)

EDIT: Whoops, I missed that you already specified "Dell". I see a config file for a Dell 1800MP, I'll see if I can add it in...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2015-05-06 at 18:16. Reason: Missed brand info

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
I have to admit, projector support in Pierogi is pretty limited right now. I really do need to create a set of panels specifically for projector controls, as well as add a lot more config files. BTW, can you tell me anything about the projector you wanted to control (brand, model number, etc.)? Thanks!

Ah, well, I think Pierogi only has two car stereo keysets at the moment. I'll try to throw a few more in. (Again, can you tell me a little about the brand of the stereo? Thanks!)

EDIT: Whoops, I missed that you already specified "Dell". I see a config file for a Dell 1800MP, I'll see if I can add it in...
well i ll throw in more details after inspecting them
thanx

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Alright, another update of Pierogi is now on its way to Extras-Devel. In this one, I've added the HDMI "Consumer Electronics Control", which may be called SimpLink, Anynet+, Bravia Link, and so on depending on the TV manufacturer. (This function allows you to control external devices connected to the TV using the TV's remote.)

I've also gone ahead and added in the "Energy Savings" key found on several models of TV.

In order to add these keys into Pierogi, I've once again fiddled with the panels. Rather than try to squeeze yet more buttons into the TV Menu panel, I've taken xes' advice and moved "guide" over to the Utility panel. This provided space for the new "CEC" button. (I've also tried to rearrange the buttons a bit, to push the more esoteric ones to the left side of the panel. Dunno if that helps or not.)

And, I've gone ahead and squeezed another row of buttons onto the poor Utility panel. This has allowed me to add "Guide" and "Zoom", along with the new "Energy" button (for Energy Savings). I've also added "Favorite" to this panel, in the hope that it fits here.

I've attached some screenshots of the two new panel layouts below.

I've got the CEC key available for some LG, Sony, and Samsung keysets, and the energy savings key for some LG and Samsung TVs. I'll hopefully be able to get support to more keysets soon.

Also in this update, I've added a couple of Sony car stereo keysets, and a Dell projector.

Last but not least, please do be wary of bugs with this update. (In particular, I don't have access to a TV with CEC or energy saver controls, nor a car stereo that can be controlled by remote, nor a projector of any sort. So yeah, I pretty much lack the ability to test any of this. ) Thanks!
Attached Images

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Spain
Any option for donate you for this wonderfull project?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xiskillo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xiskillo View Post
Any option for donate you for this wonderfull project?
Why, thank you for asking! If folks are interested in donating (and, in so doing, giving me yet another push to get more work done), I do in fact have a Paypal account set up for Pierogi donations:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=K697WUWYDLNJA

All funds received through this link are dedicated towards further development of the Pierogi app. (Or, to be honest, right now they'd be used for covering past investments; the cost of the N900 I bought for development work a while back was greater than the sum of all the donations I've received so far... ) Thanks!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
the projector in question is dell 1210s
thanx for the superfast update
i am yet to check new version
thanx

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain
Hi Copernicus do you think it would be possible to add to Pierogi the codes for Fujitsu air conditioners?

Originally Posted by Fatalist View Post
Hi Copernicus do you think it would be possible to add to Pierogi the codes for Fujitsu air conditioners?
Well, hmm. As normal, my usual sources are pretty scant on A/C remote protocols. However, I see that there is a new kid on the block! There is a product called AnalysIR, which people have apparently been using recently to do more advanced reverse-engineering of IR signals, including A/C signals. One user has already analyzed the Panasonic A/C signal; I'll see if I can dig through their forum a bit and find if a Fujitsu has been analyzed yet...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fatalist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fatalist View Post
Thanks! I've found these links, perhaps this info could be useful?
Egads! I've been kind of down on the RemoteCentral site for years now, as I never seem to find any good config file info there (or, at least, nothing that hasn't already been posted elsewhere). But yeah, there's an absolutely beautiful description of the Fujitsu protocol under one of the links you gave me:

http://old.ercoupe.com/audio/FujitsuIR.pdf

Someone put some real effort into that, and quite a long time ago, too. I guess I should try to mine that site a little harder. Let me see how much effort it would take to get this into Pierogi; it'll need to use a stateful UI, so it may take me a little time to get it up and running...

Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control