I am constantly amazed at what this community can acheive

-Quim Gill responds to a thread about Chess games and BANG you have Miniature http://taschenorakel.de/michael/2009...ture-it-moves/

-There's a discussion kicked off about Bible Readers for Maemo 5 and SHAZAM Nathan and team are on the case

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ighlight=bible

Kathy kicks of a thread about N900 for girls and POOF you have mirror app for Maemo 5

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ghlight=mirror

and look at all the cool stuff that is being worked on in Maemo Development from Hermes to liqbase all while there are only 300 devices out there. Just think what it will be like in 6 months time

Mike C

The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Thanks for this. We need more of these kinds of posts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Maemo Community blows me

away (1)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Can always rely on Jay to lower the tone.. :P

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
This is the main reason why I feel that maemo devices are what I want to be using. I've received so much help from this community, and I know what they've been capable of with the N8X0 tablets.

I can only imagine what the community will have churned out a year after the N900 has been out.

Very exciting!
:P

Ive always loved Nokia.. They always made the best performing phones but they were getting smashed recently just because there was no active community of developers and users...

Im glad they made the N900, the most powerful and practical phone out there.. Plus now there's gonna be an amazing community

Originally Posted by bachagabriel View Post
Ive always loved Nokia.. They always made the best performing phones but they were getting smashed recently just because there was no active community of developers and users...

Im glad they made the N900, the most powerful and practical phone out there.. Plus now there's gonna be an amazing community
The community has been here for a while, but luckily with the popularity of the N900 I think it is getting Injected with a lot of new blood!

This can only bring about great things! Can't wait!

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I just realised how greedy that all makes me look. Two out of the three projects mentioned were at my request!

But I have to agree: the responsiveness of the community is a definite plus point for maemo. One of my reasons for purchasing n900 (assuming it arrives before the parousia) was the community.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
I can only agree with previous posters. If anyone would ask me for the main reason to get an N900, this community would be it. Doesn't really matter if the person were interested in tech or programming, it's the way everybody just comes together, helps out and supports eachother.. Very cool, at least for me.

Another fine example is the widget request thread zerojay started, and all the widgets fiferboy is churning out in response to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to nymajoak For This Useful Post:
Sorry If I left anyone out on the original post, but the FM radio work also springs to mind.

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/fmradio/

Its not even Easter, and the egg was already found

Mike C
(oh hopefully we don't have to wait that long)

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post: