Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
What about SGX driver, are you able to load it and start X ? I guess you'll need userspace from Meego
In fact I have not tried this yet. However I was able to start weston on the n900:
Code:
apt-get install weston glx-alternative-mesa libgl1-mesa-swx11
but using the fbdev backend:
Code:
root@n900:~# cat .config/weston.ini 
[keyboard]
keymap_layout=us

[launcher]
icon=/usr/share/icons/gnome/24x24/apps/utilities-terminal.png
path=/usr/bin/weston-terminal

[launcher]
icon=/usr/share/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps/firefox.png
path=/usr/bin/iceweasel

[output]

[core]
modules=desktop-shell.so
backend=fbdev-backend.so
Very crude but works :-)

Could someone comment on userland tools that we can use with the kernel SGX driver?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to caveman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
Could someone comment on userland tools that we can use with the kernel SGX driver?
I'm not sure how are you supposed to get it (I don't know what packages are those things in), but you would have to:
1. load kernel drivers
2. start "powervr" service (search the arch tread - http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81892 - for details, they must be somewhere there... or ping Skry directly maybe... and about where to get them from - I guess one of MeeGo packages for N900 has them, I had some links back in the days, but wiki.meego.com seems dead, so I cannot give you anything more, sorry)
3. I guess you should change the "fbdev-*" stuff in some config files to some other value (however I'm not sure about that).

Last edited by misiak; 2014-06-18 at 20:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Just stepping in to post this: http://upstream-tracker.org/ maybe it can be helpful in recompiling maemo stuff against jessie libs Credit goes to Pali at http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=25 for reminding me of this website.

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
I'm not sure how are you supposed to get it (I don't know what packages are those things in), but you would have to:
1. load kernel drivers
2. start "powervr" service (search the arch tread - http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81892 - for details, they must be somewhere there... or ping Skry directly maybe... and about where to get them from - I guess one of MeeGo packages for N900 has them, I had some links back in the days, but wiki.meego.com seems dead, so I cannot give you anything more, sorry)
3. I guess you should change the "fbdev-*" stuff in some config files to some other value (however I'm not sure about that).
https://github.com/nagaozen/ti-omap3-sgx-bin

I posted Mer links for packages the other day, should be pretty interchangeable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to map a key or key combination to call up the power button menu?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
Is it possible to map a key or key combination to call up the power button menu?
You mean maemo power button menu? I think you would need to compile it and run the deamon first... ;p

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
You mean maemo power button menu? I think you would need to compile it and run the deamon first... ;p
Ack, too many windows, wrong thread! mea maxima culpa.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
For anyone wanting to activate the power button functionality in Debian, install acpi-support-base (which will also install acpid). This will set the default behaviour to shut down the OS. You can then edit /etc/acpi/events/powerbtn-acpi-support if you want to change the behaviour so that it does something else.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
any update on your scripts wicket?

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
any update on your scripts wicket?
I must apologise once again for not yet delivering. I've been extremely busy the last 3 weeks taking a course (I've not even been able to watch nearly as many World Cup matches as I would've liked!). I should have some free time next week though that I will use to integrate freemangordon's latest kernel and finish off testing.

[EDIT]
PM me if you want an early preview.
[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
I never managed to get that free time and won't have any for at least a couple of weeks.
[/EDIT2]

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2014-07-11 at 00:46.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: