Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
I don't really see a problem with that?
For me I would forget to do that every night. It would need some reminder to open the lens before bedtime.

Well you could use my instructions to control the the flashlight instead of the volume, however, if you can't do this you will have to wait for a developer to need it enough to create it.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Since no one has mentioned it yet, SleepAnalyzer (http://wiki.maemo.org/SleepAnalyser) has a sleep cycle alarm (and music I believe - for lucid dreaming) that wakes you up with a "slow" alarm. No lighting integration, but personally I doubt it would be pleasant to wake up to the N900's LED lights anyways.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
I just made this thread to see if there are more N900 owners with trouble getting up in the morning (and hopefully someone capable of making such an app)
I used to, but that has changed since I started using the N900 as an alarm clock. The internet alarm clock script I wrote has been the most reliable way of getting me to wake up that I have ever had. I am afraid now of separation from my N900!

The secret really was to just have classical music come slowly up & play for 15 minutes before the regular alarm goes off. Apparently the fade-in slowly wakes you up enough to not need to abruptly just hit snooze when the alarm goes off.

I would have put it together as an app, but was never able to set up a successful programming environment.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
For me I would forget to do that every night. It would need some reminder to open the lens before bedtime.
You could use Ledpattern-editor to turn the status led bright white while charging. That would force me to turn it screen down before going to sleep. If you forget it every once in a while you just get waken "normally" by the alarm clock.

Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
Since no one has mentioned it yet, SleepAnalyzer (http://wiki.maemo.org/SleepAnalyser) has a sleep cycle alarm (and music I believe - for lucid dreaming) that wakes you up with a "slow" alarm. No lighting integration, but personally I doubt it would be pleasant to wake up to the N900's LED lights anyways.
Thanks! I will give this one a try. I doubt the flash leds alone will wake you up (unless they are pointed at your face) but it should put you in a lighter sleep. Personally I'm quite sensitive to light; if I forget to close my rolling shutters I usually wake up at sunrise.

Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
I used to, but that has changed since I started using the N900 as an alarm clock. The internet alarm clock script I wrote has been the most reliable way of getting me to wake up that I have ever had. I am afraid now of separation from my N900!

The secret really was to just have classical music come slowly up & play for 15 minutes before the regular alarm goes off. Apparently the fade-in slowly wakes you up enough to not need to abruptly just hit snooze when the alarm goes off.

I would have put it together as an app, but was never able to set up a successful programming environment.
Thanks I'll look into it!

Sleepanalyser is a nice app, I like it!

But to stay ontopic:
To experiment a bit I thought I could use Alarmed to simply start the Flashlight or Lanterne App x minutes before the alarm. This should be possible, right? Unfortunately I can't get it to work. In fact, I can't start any App from Alarmed or x-terminal. Any help?

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
In fact, I can't start any App from Alarmed or x-terminal. Any help?
Ah, due to a variety of reasons, most apps end up getting installed under the /opt directory. So, you'll usually have to give the full path name to run them. For example, Lanterne is installed into the directory /opt/lanterne, and the full path name to reach the executable is:

/opt/lanterne/bin/lanterne

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Ah, due to a variety of reasons, most apps end up getting installed under the /opt directory. So, you'll usually have to give the full path name to run them. For example, Lanterne is installed into the directory /opt/lanterne, and the full path name to reach the executable is:

/opt/lanterne/bin/lanterne
Thanks, it works!
I'll try it a few nights to see if it works for me..

The Following User Says Thank You to Selene For This Useful Post:
Thanks, it works!
I'll try it a few nights to see if it works for me..
Via the same way, you could even run a simple shell script that would increase light intensity gradually, over time (considering how fluent Copernicus is with driving N900's LEDs around like a bicycle, he would probably write such script in 5 minutes). Although, I'm not sure if light intensity matters for Sunrise Clock when using such (relatively) weak source as our flash LEDS.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Via the same way, you could even run a simple shell script that would increase light intensity gradually, over time (considering how fluent Copernicus is with driving N900's LEDs around like a bicycle, he would probably write such script in 5 minutes).
Well, yes, I guess I probably could. But just to reiterate my position from last year, after having studied the documentation on the N900's flash hardware, I'm just not comfortable with driving the white LEDs constantly at high power, as that can potentially burn them out. Lanterne's torch runs the LEDs at the only power level that has been explicitly labeled as safe for continuous use, so I'm just going to stick with that...

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Why not create an app that sounds user selected alarm gradually increases the brightnes (flashing every 6 seconds for 3 minuts only when the phone is upside down with lens cover open) maybe like a plugin for lalterne.