Just tried same steps: when meecast widget is ON - then logo.png created and used, when OFF - path changed to nologo.png, but png really didn't created. Really this doesn't matter if black image be used or link will lead to no file (result will be the same - nothing is displaying on standby screen)

The Following User Says Thank You to Avis For This Useful Post:
Great idea for an app!

One thing would make things even better for me - being able to enable/disable using a button similar to Billboard. I use a pay-as-you-go SIM when travelling abroad but post-paid at home. I assume deleting the USSD number would achieve the same thing but I'm lazy! :-)

Now I need to swap SIMs to have a play!

Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
being able to enable/disable using a button
What this button should disable? Watching for calls/sms? It's already there... Disabling balance showing? This too can already be done except of showing on a standby screen (just because this function is not fully polished yet...)

OK got a chance to swap my SIM and try this

Some comments - in North America the carriers charge for incoming calls and texts so currently the call/SMS monitoring is insufficient for PAYG in North America.

In swapping SIMs from PAYG to contract, being able to hide the icon completely while the contract SIM is in place is preferable. Yes, I can disable the updating but I still have the icon showing my UK PAYG balance showing even though all the monitoring is disabled.
Additionally the only way to disable the icon action itself is to delete the 'balance' code. If this isn't done and the icon is accidentally pressed you get an 'unknown application' error. Although I never had the standby screen notification enabled, activating the icon while on the contract SIM seems to screw up my Billboard/Meecast on the standby screen.
I use Billboard and Meecast alot more than USSDbalance, and as it can't be properly disabled I'll be uninstalling until I need it...

The Following User Says Thank You to WhitP For This Useful Post:
WhitP, thanks for the detailed report!
I'm adding all of your observations to my TODO list

Avis - it would be great if these things could be fixed as the concept is extremely useful. I have a trip to Europe coming up and I'll definitely be using it then.

Rather than uninstalling I've removed the balance code for the time being - less hassle than reinstalling in a few weeks. It fixes the Billboard/Meecast issue, so it seems to be related to getting either no reply or an error message from my contract carrier.

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Awesome piece of innovation. Thought I cud solve my ussd pop up problems finally. I hate those unwanted ussd msgs.

First tym I installed the app and enabled hard-kill, evrythng was working fine. It disabled ussd pop ups. But after a reboot, hard kill isnt working at all. All ussd msgs are bothering me again. Any fix?

Cheers

Originally Posted by bibek View Post
First tym I installed the app and enabled hard-kill, evrythng was working fine. It disabled ussd pop ups. But after a reboot, hard kill isnt working at all. All ussd msgs are bothering me again. Any fix?
This feature is simple - program is looking for USSD window and closes it. And after that this window not appear until reboot... So after reboot the program have to do it's job again to "kill" this window Also there is a chance that program will not be able to find USSD window...
Do You need just a simple thing that can only disable those USSD windows without any other functionality?

I figured it out I guess. I had to kill the first pop up ftom the app, then it'd block all other ussd pop ups.
I hated those cause it slowed down my phone while popping, and I recvd two of them for every call/msg/internet usage. You cud guess how pathetic my life was
Now I'm on cloud 9 (read N9)

Cheers

you cud make a standalone ussd killer if you can, wud be useful for people like me.