Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
...is that in a couple of weeks they should announce a few partnerships.
Yes but will they, & will they really be as significant is they've suggested, or just a foot-note.
Hopefully we'll know when they say we'll know, & hopefully it won't be rather mediocre...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Have the said the will present partners?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Have the said the will present partners?
Yes, yesterday on Finnish Kauppalehti, Saarnio told that new partners will be announced in few weeks

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Now I think it's time to go with promise of launcher to android and later Sailfish for nexus. According to jolla it's so easy to get it up and running on different hw. Bring it on!
Alpha for Nexus 4 early next week according to this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=64

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Sailfish home screen early 2012:

https://twitter.com/w00teh/status/447041014520643584

(Found link from one Finnish tech news site.)

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Alpha for Nexus 4 early next week according to this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=64
I have a stupid question, will the Android port come with "native" Alien Dalvik or it can run Android apps directly?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I have a stupid question, will the Android port come with "native" Alien Dalvik or it can run Android apps directly?
Um, it's a port of Sailfish to (some) Android devices, not Android to Android devices...
AlienDalvik is a proprietary layer, I doubt it'll be available on Android devices running Sailfish.
Perhaps Jolla/Myriad will offer it eventually, but I doubt it'll ever work as well as the Jolla Ph.
Unless demand for Sailfish on Android devices grows far more rapidly than Sailfish on Sailfish hw.
Then (& only then) priorities may change....

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-03-22 at 15:23.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Um, it's a port of Sailfish to (some) Android devices, not Android to Android devices...
AlienDalvik is a proprietary layer, I doubt it'll be available on Android devices running Sailfish.
Perhaps Jolla/Myriad will offer it eventually, but I doubt it'll ever work as well as the Jolla Ph.
Unless demand for Sailfish on Android devices grows far more rapidly than Sailfish on Sailfish hw.
Then (& only then) priorities may change....
Thank you!

It seems an almost impossible job trying to port Alien Dalvic (regardless of legal issue) from experience of N9 port, I guess similar happens with Android port as well unless Jolla decides to make it work I guess.

Really hope Sailfish works with some elegant hardware with better screen camera and build quality such as SonyXperia with Alien Dalvik...

Okay, so as some of you know I was having problems restoring my Jolla via telnet (on a mac)

Left it for about a week and just tried again tonight - worked first time. Very strange as I did nothing differently

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
It's the first thing in the pulley menu in the lock screen
Why make it so hidden?

A static text display, without any selectable action, on the Pulley Menu is absolutely a wrong way to use the Pulley Menu.

I know Jolla is Unlike, but some of these are just Unwanted.

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"