Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Originally Posted by pavi.kant View Post
i have been using gb nitdroid fr about a week nw... bt wenever i switch on the browser and load any site the browser just shuts down at arnd 90% site loaded... anyone else has the same prob?
i had the same problem at the start. to fix that, as soon as i started the browser, i stopped it, then i manually type in google.com, or if the page loaded halfway, just pick the desktop version. then go to settings and set that to ur homepage. no more crashing for me.

Originally Posted by slai View Post
Ive got a little question about installing to emmc.

Is it possible to create a partition out of the internal memory so that if I choose to remove nitdroid it wont affect the maemo part of my system?

Last time I installed nitdroid 0.0.9 and put Gingerbread on top of it, then tried putting 0.0.9 over THAT again and so forth it all went to ****, and wobbling around in xterm trying to red myself of nitdroid completely for a fresh install was pure hell and led to reflashing the entire emmc and fw =P .

So thus Im wondering if there is a way to test this out some way that would make removal clean and easy?
if you want to install gingerbread, uninsttall 0.0.9 or install or a different partition. Well this is recommended. and you cant install 0.0.9 over gingerbread
I'm guessing you used the rm-f command? should have deleted files using filebox...
you could repartition mmc and install on a diffferent partition or memory card.

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
if you want to install gingerbread, uninsttall 0.0.9 or install or a different partition. Well this is recommended. and you cant install 0.0.9 over gingerbread
Hm it seemed earlier in this thread that installing gingerbread directly over 0.0.9 was a good idea, doe reasons I cant remember riiight now :s .

I'm guessing you used the rm-f command? should have deleted files using filebox...
Oh I did a lot of things. rm -f was not one of them. I just didnt realize that removing /and was a bad idea, I thought in my infinite stupidity that deleting files in that folder was riskfree, also it seems like a ton of files go out all over the place, and with no idea what to delete and what to keep it all went to hell =P .

you could repartition mmc and install on a diffferent partition or memory card.
Thats exactly what I want. Except the memcard, as I dont have one.

The question is: how do I go from me, who knows nothing of these matters, to actually achieving this =) ?

that was because some of the files were missing in gingerbread. but now gingerbread has got 3 different updates which completes the missing files... so new installation is recommended

Ah thats nice to know =) . But still seems a mess to remove if installed to emmc?

not really, follow the instructions on wiki... and use filebox to delete folders

Hm thats what I did last time . Using Filebox. It was more the "what to delete" part that seemed weird. I deleted what the wiki said to delete, and **** got messed up on my phone. Like icons would disappear after I deleted certain files/folders. A lot of folders couldnt be deleted until I went down in the directory and found the specific file that refused to be deleted, and deleted it explicitly.

hmm not sure why i've personally done it more then 5 times and worked for me...

icons would disappear - this is when you deleted your whole rootfs not just /and folder

hmmm maybe I did something wrong during installation... ****it, Ill try again. Not sure wether to give 0.0.9 or Gingerbread a try, which would be the better of the two in your experience =) ?

0.0.9 is more stable for games and also internet. accelerometer is nearly perfect
wait for the next release of gingerbread if you want to install gingerbread

The Following User Says Thank You to tele For This Useful Post:

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid