Active Topics

Notices

Possible switch front to back camera on n900?
iPhone 4 have this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5btA6fRCZ9Q (1:30)

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Kiel, Germany
IPhone's bad reference....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarthLuda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Sure it's possible. Just change the skype config/source so that it uses the other v4l device.
By the way, I can't see Skype with front cam in this video, just the specific apple video call thing.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
A widget or something would be useful

Originally Posted by weißelstone View Post
Sure it's possible. Just change the skype config/source so that it uses the other v4l device.
give me tutorial please if possible

By the way, I can't see Skype with front cam in this video, just the specific apple video call thing.
yes my fault, but need like that on skype

yeah..ive always wanted the back cam..its much clearer that the front..any one facing clarity problems with the front camera?(i have extremely low resolution!)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
This kind of answer, while earnest; doesn't quite help. I'm sure it's common knowledge that the Skype source is closed; the request needs to be made to the vendor for such a feature by either the handset manufacturer to fit closely with what hardware is there to be utilized or by exposing the APIs and offering documentation (and incentive) to do so... by the handset manufacturer usually.

Well... heck. My answer doesn't help as much either. Perhaps aMSN, RTComm and the rest - including Pidgin will make this happen first perhaps? Or even Fring?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Skype source is closed
very bad

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Maybe it would be possible to find the video device it uses from the binary and change that, or redirect the path with LD_PRELOAD style hook? If either is possible, maybe it would also be possible to make a new video device that allows changing from one camera to the other in real time.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
/dev/video0 and /dev/video1 are just names. Swap them to swap cameras. I haven't tested this, but it ought to work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post: