Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Last few days I've noticed My contacts are disappearing.
Some of them totally some of them is only name and nothing else is there.
Now I've checked and lot of contact are disappeared!
Thankfully I still have My good old N9 to find them again!

I must admit that I'm loosing My patience with Jolla because of missing BASIC features. Last day I suppose to send one contact to My father and NOT possible: no send contact no copy text, and I had to take paper in hand and like 15 years ago....

Maybe some others also have such problems?

The Following User Says Thank You to matimilko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Yes, I have noticed the same. There are two different issues.

1. Contact data just randomly disapears. However, not fully - leaving name OR number.
2. If you add number to the FB or Google contact and there is some sort of issue with FB or Google log in, then the result is as follows - number is stored without name and not linked anymore to the relevant Google or FB contact. Actually Nokia N9 had exacly the same issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by matimilko View Post
I must admit that I'm loosing My patience with Jolla because of missing BASIC features. Last day I suppose to send one contact to My father and NOT possible: no send contact no copy text, and I had to take paper in hand and like 15 years ago....

Maybe some others also have such problems?
Hang in there. I have had times of frustration but you get through. The March update looks like it will address a lot of these basic issues. Due in early march so not long to wait.

Last edited by bockersjv; 2014-02-24 at 08:53.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Sorry to all Jolla lovers!

I had maybe a bad day, or two but now is already better.Last weekend I went on short 3days trip and on roaming I've got symbol "NEED TU UPDATE ACCOUNT"
And that account was google. That's why I have lost a lot of contacts because all google account were off but Facebook and SIM contact were like normal.

Good to know for next time

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
I noticed all google contacts disappearing once too. What I did was disable and re-enable my google account. Sometimes I get the message about having to update mt google account, but when that happens I do kot lose contacts.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
I had similar issues.

I have my contacts synced with Google.

Issue 1. All phone numbers of all contacts are synced as Home Phone. Luckily it does not sync back (funny, I am happy about a bug). Mobile number and office numbers - all shows up as Home Phone on my Jolla.

Issue 2. Few of my contacts, similar names but not exactly, for instance Anna Martin and Ann Martin. Somehow it merged the 2 contacts under Ann Martin with 5 Home Phone numbers

Issue 3. Few of my contacts disappeared. I think some were the contacts that got merged incorrectly - Hmm - I just checked the above Ann Martin, and is no where to be found. I used this merged contact entry Yesterday. I am pretty sure they were separate contacts last week, but Yesterday I was surprised to see it merged the contacts.

Issue 4. I think as soon as I open the People app, the system becomes very sluggish. I think there are some serious bugs in the People App

What is going on? I hope these bugs gets fixed in the March patch.

The Following User Says Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Happened to me today. It was the second time. The first one was shortly after I got the phone in december. Super annoying!

Strangely enough, it seems that all my contacs have been replaced by contacs from my spam only Google email acccount, which I use for registrations, shopping etc. Strange to see my own contact info consisting only of my former University of Helsinki email, which I haven't had since 2008!

Btw email is the only Google service I use. No G+, calendar, syncing or anything else in use or set active.

Clean factory wipe, I think.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
I've had this a couple of times and each time I've just deactivated the Google account and then reactivated it and it re-imports the contacts.

I have however never managed to get Google anything to remain authenticated. I log in, select one of the two profiles I have associated with my non-google email address and authenticate but it doesn't seem to stick.

I just hope Jolla get their arse in gear so I can use CardDAV/CalDAV from my own ownCloud server instead shortly. I've been trying to avoid using Google services for my own private data for years and having to stick my contacts back on there to get them on to Sailfish was a major disappointment.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Uhh just happened to me too. Suddenly contacts are disappearing and losing phone numbers, email addresses and addresses. All I'm left with now are either empty contacts with firstname/lastname or contacts with name and a G+ URL, nothing else.

Tried every trick there is to re-sync, including removing accounts, removing the contacts sqlite databases completely and then adding account back -> still only syncs just contact names with no details.

Looks like there are two together.jolla.com posts about this, with no meaningful solution in sight:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...phone-numbers/
https://together.jolla.com/question/...-force-resync/

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
This happened to me this morning once again! And since then, my contact list is desperately empty whatever I'm trying

When I came across this bug several weeks ago, I recovered all my contacts after a re-sync.