Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
Yes, PS3Mediaserver does transcoding to MPEG2/LPCM for me when playing a movie to my Bravia TV.
So, in this case, you think that if I muck around with the N900.conf file in the PS3Mediaserver to make it match the Bravia conf, do you think it will get rid of the excalamation marks and be able to play files to the TV !?
That might be possible.

Originally Posted by phako View Post
Good hint. It's GPL and will be free of charge. I'll read through the submission process.
Did you end up seeing about submitting this to AfM?

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
Did you end up seeing about submitting this to AfM?
I got carried away, but now got my COBS account and looking into it.

Works like a charm! Thank you for this awesome app!

Would it be possible to have a slideshow mode or a next/previous for showing N9 (why not other devices) pics on TV?

Should have read the feedback & reply on your page before posting. Cant wait for the Playing queue/Playlist functionality

Last edited by PeterSmurffiPan; 2012-04-25 at 21:04.

Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
Yes, PS3Mediaserver does transcoding to MPEG2/LPCM for me when playing a movie to my Bravia TV.
So, in this case, you think that if I muck around with the N900.conf file in the PS3Mediaserver to make it match the Bravia conf, do you think it will get rid of the excalamation marks and be able to play files to the TV !?
@Phako :

I copied the config options from BraviaEX.conf to N900.conf for PS3MediaServer for codec compatibility. Now, I dont see any exclamation marks when I browse Ps3Mediaserver . But, I am still unable to play any file as still get the following

INFO 2012-05-08 23:08:20.694 [StartPlaying Event] renderer: 192.168.72.108, file: /home/user/file.avi
INFO 2012-05-08 23:08:24.701 [StopPlaying Event] renderer: 192.168.72.108, file: /home/user/file.avi
While this happened, PS3Mediaserver actually showed that it was transcoding the file , but soon stopped it due to the playback stop event shown above.

@nokiac: Hm, that looks weird. No clue though. I know that it works with a Bravia and the N9/a normal Rygel server.

pls help me, i can`t run minidlna, this wrote next message:
minidlna: error while loading shared libraries: libfaad.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Where can i find this lib?

New release 0.5.0, see first post for details!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phako For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
Is it possible to have thumbnails or use gallery view ? Right now it's bit difficult with only filenames.
Sorry for the late reply to this, but I think I've understood what you meant now. There's a slight bug in the thumbnail handling on the device, caused by two different factors:

The server on the device uses the wrong thumbnail flavour (normal instead of whatever the gallery uses). And on top of that, the scheduling of thumbnail creation is broken, it only creates 1 thumbnail per browse request. For example If you have a folder with 5 images without thumbnails, you need to browse that 5 times (back and forth) to get all thumbnails.

Thank you for this new version. It starts looking very professional

After a (very short and quick) test I can report the following:

I successfully played movies / music / pictures from my QNAP 459Pro NAS (running Twonky 6.0.38) to my Samsung D6510 Smart-TV (Firmware 1.0.19). Also played video from my notebook (Win7) to the same TV.

The volume setting works fine. So does the seek function. Haptic feedback on long press works fine too.

My main concerns with this version are with usability.

- It would be nice if the progress bar would have a nice knob like the volume bar has. Yes it works without knob and if you want to do without or it cannot be done then at least increase the space between the play/pause and stop buttons and the progress bar. It's easy to hit the buttons if you try set the progress bar there.

- When something is playing on the renderer nothing else can be played by long press in the media list unless you press stop first on the renderer page. Long press and play on ... should stop anything that is playing at the moment and start playing the new selection. Alternatively a previous and next button on the renderer page would be nice.

I'll do some more testing when I find the time an report back.