Notices

This is really sad to find my most favorite and most used (together with notecase) app to be absent and not-supported in maemo5.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Victoria BC Canada
Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
I believe you are witnessing the "slingshot" effect that the OpenMoko devs programmed into MokoUI. This "feature" is not disableable, so there is really not much I can do about that...
Not expecting anything, but I just want to point out an odd bit. The inertial scrolling worked great until I recently re-flashed. After re-installing via backup (inc apps), Quick-clip worked great except viewing went nowhere. I discovered that python-mokoui wasn't there and installed it. But, now it is pretty well useless as scrolling just bumps back to the bottom all the time. Seems to happen when any left-right drag happens. I don't think it did anything left-right before, when the viewer worked. I had to switch to the GTK viewer with this install.

So, if you ever start up development on this again, or if someone else does, I would recommend:

1) having a view setting option outside of the viewer, for when the viewer won't start. (kind of a catch 22 there)

2) figuring out what changed to break the moko inertial scrolling. It did work great... not any more.

3) a keyboard shortcut to open up the Quick Clip menu would be great.

Again, overall, I'll repeat what others have said. This is an awesome application for the N810. I especially like that the files are plain old text such that I can use them as I like.

Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
Sorry, unfortunately no. I just don't have enough time right now to adapt QC to Fremantle as it is quite a large project.

Maybe in the future (Or, if someone really wants it, the source is available).
where can I get the source for n900 fremantle ?

for those still using there beloved N900...

ClipMan (available from Download or in HAM / FAM )seems to be a good replacement for Quick Clip
it doesn't offer the possibility to save stuff directly to a file but has a database instead
been using it for a few weeks now & even though i try to clean it up every now & then, in between there doesn't seem to be any limit to the growth.
which maybe a problem on devices with less RAM (Fremantle HE on N8x0, maybe?)
the author also mentioned intending to port ClipMan to MeeGo

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Timothy CHAN View Post
Hello Brent,

I am an user of NOKIA N900. I found your app from Application Manager and found it might be useful by reading is description.

I downloaded your app, version 0.4.5-2 and re-booted my N900 after installation completed. However, I could not find your app in the Status Bar. As I also installed Quick-Launch which allows me to put shortcuts in the Status Bar, I added your app in it. However, when I clicked on Your App, nothing happened. I tried re-boot but still nothing happened.

TC
it wont work on n900 but the worst part is that is in ham and wasting time on it.

Tags
development, python, quick clip