Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
It is degfinately not about no communications, believe me, if any, tat will p... of your clients
There's few companies that communicate as much and openly as Jolla. I sometimes wonder if it isn't too much. (Like when they explained their database problem during the launch period; I wouldn't have done that.)

It's just that certain people fail to listen. (Or, maybe, just ignore what Jolla says because it's not what they want to hear.)
This battery-discussion is one perfect example. Jolla has been telling us what's going on for months; it's just that a few never accepted the message.

Or take for example the rant about the lack of support for paid apps in the store. It's months ago that Jolla said they'll try to make this work in the second half of 2014. Still, there's people complaining either that it's not yet implemented (H2 2014 has only just begun, 4 months to go) or that there's no information on this particular topic.

Communication is fine. It may be that you don't like what you hear, that's a different issue. But thats like blaming Apple for their communications when they tell me the iPhones's designed to install software from their store only and making a drama about it. That's not Apple's communications. It's the message. And if I don't like it, it's no use barking at them for months. I'd just quietly leave and enjoy a different product.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Kaacz View Post
But unfulfilled promises are wrong. For example things for PR hype on medial monster actions: Rovio AngryBirds, Younited client .. how many months? scared silence about this ... sad. With each PR action we got only new promises.. It's not good.. really..

Simply - it's time to fulfill old promises ..
Thank you for this fine example of "unfulfilled promises" blame.

Angry Birds and Younited were announced for MWC and it has been stated from the beginning that the target is H2 of 2014. People ask Younited on Twitter almost every week and they are answering since February that their target is the end of the Summer.

I would advice Jolla to give out less information, since people don't want to listen to information they already have.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post

Angry Birds and Younited were announced for MWC and it has been stated from the beginning that the target is H2 of 2014. People ask Younited on Twitter almost every week and they are answering since February that their target is the end of the Summer.

I would advice Jolla to give out less information, since people don't want to listen to information they already have.
I give up LOL
since you ha e the information, please tell me

when approximately will spare battery be available
where can it be obtained from
what price range
shipping from
will it be available in all Jolla sales areas
will it be available in
shops
service centers
or, only as service repair

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
not that i really care, Ive had enough of this BS

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
For cycling and hiking, I have this external battery, but I use it ~1x a year. It's an option, though.
I use one of these as well... http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc-1200.../dp/B008YRG5JQ

4 USB ports so you can charge multiple devices, two are USB standard spec and two are Apple standard. It's great but will only last me a week without a power supply hence charging from the bike's pedal power.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech

Ok, then why I got from Younited person "when it's done" ?? LOL

Problem 1) On PR events Jolla say "Coming soon!" (do you know what it is "coming soon" ? it's not half year .. expect problem 2).
- and after event wrote in PR press "all Jolla smartphone users will soon have the opportunity to utilize younited by F-Secure, a trusted and secure cloud storage service." and "The younited cloud service for Jolla users will be made available soon."
WHERE IS DATE??
Please never write "information they already have" in future if you have not evidence. Or write link to user-official page with this information. Thanks.

Problem 2) we all know (MS/Nokia is good example): announcing anything too early are very bad. Half people lost interest and second half is irritated. Simply people work in this way ..
Example: When MS/Nokia announce new phone before iPhone event .. and this new phone is released before Xmass ..
- in Xmass time half people have new iPhone a few months ..
- second half have new model of Samsung announced after iPhone.
Only few WP believers buy Lumia..

PS: I don' know things about R-AB, have not focus on it. In PR press is only "The final content is currently under development, and is targeted to be announced in detail during Q2/2014". Same nothing about release date. OK, Where is Jolla announce about it from Q2? We are in second half of Q3!

PS2: where is official "the target is H2 of 2014"? Or it is your blame?

PS3: you know, it's hard for me to make this debate in EN ..

Last edited by Kaacz; 2014-08-20 at 10:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaacz For This Useful Post:
Oh, and I too am angry with jolla, they should have soldered the batteries, seeing how they are aware of legal issues in sending those over by mail, would have been smarter to make the phone with unreplaceable battery, one customer more kept

Last edited by chemist; 2014-08-23 at 07:23.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Oh, and I too am angry with jolla, they should have soldered the batteries, seeing how they are aware of legal issues in sending those over by mail, would have been smarter to make the phone with unreplaceable battery, one customer more kept
See earlier posts here, not the issue, if you are a co. it's possible to ship batteries, Jolla has now said they're working on a solution.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Thread split to http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93610

EDIT: I tried to pull the relevant posts from the other thread back here but I might have missed some. Use the "Report This" button on the posts to make moderators aware of, please.

Last edited by chemist; 2014-08-24 at 20:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, jolla, jolla phone