Notices

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Once upon a time I got tired of the standard battery applet and decided to make my own one. So here is the result.
1. I DO think that it would be better to be written in C, but...
2. I tested it only on n810 (2008, Diablo, 36-5/43-7) and N900 (10.2010.19-1), so testing feedback is highly appreciated.
3. Known issues:
- Right after full battery charge it's not 100%, because battery capacity is less than designed value.
- CPU governor isn't saved in gconf, so after reboot it's gonna be "ondemand" again.

P.S. Hope you enjoy using it

Since AP and APM are in Extras, no need for download links, I guess.
Garage: Advanced Power Monitor 0.4.1, Advanced Power 0.3.6, themes: Hildon, LCARS, Okuda

Fremantle version can be found in extras-devel repo at the moment.

Remember to reboot your device if status-menu is messed up

Localization templates attached only for Fremantle.

P.P.S. If you can make translation to your language for this app, feel free to PM me.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: txt advanced-power.po.txt (1.1 KB, 655 views)

Last edited by 412b; 2011-08-29 at 08:54. Reason: Clean up

The Following 109 Users Say Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Aisu, albright, AlekMX, alephito, allnameswereout, arjunkumar87, arnoldux, attila77, b-man, bafio, Benson, blackopz, bluechalk, bongo, born2wonder, bow, BrentDC, bunanson, Cadabena, cardiff-blues, codeMonkey, Corwin, D4rKlar, davidgro, dkwatts, doctorbri, dsralph, dzahariev, ed00, edt, ersanpermana, esthreel, fadimck, frethop, frostbyte, fusi, fw190, GeneralAntilles, gerstavros, gill_za, goetz, heelio, Helmuth, ian_ryge, iKneaDough, inkirby, int_ua, ivyking, jamart3d, Johnx, jthiemann, jwernerny, khaug, KristianW, lcuk, lm2, Maj3stic, maluka, Marklar, meizirkki, Mentalist Traceur, Mike Fila, mosiomm, n900maniac, Nelson L. Squeeko, nkirk, nux, pavlik, peter2p, peterleinchen, pixelseventy2, promethh, pton, qole, qwerty12, rinkinflinkis, robmiller, S0urcerr0r, sachin007, SalmanAbbas, silent tim, skalogre, Snoshrk, stone17, Stskeeps, Switch_, Thesandlord, thet3d, tho, Tiboric, timsamoff, TrueJournals, tso, tz1, t_moyashi, Un27Pee, uros, v2px, verumgero, visN900, XiliX, yerga, YoDude, zdanee, zok
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
How about making this the Advanced Power applet? I like where this is heading, though. I can help with icons and UI Mockups if you're interested.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
How about making this the Advanced Power applet? I like where this is heading, though. I can help with icons and UI Mockups if you're interested.
Hmmm... AdvancedPower... ))) I'll think about it
I'm interested, 'cause I'm using it So you are welcomed.
I'm thinking of theme support and settings for hiding/showing info.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Woah, this is some seriously nice ****

How about putting this in the postinst:
sed -i 's/^Mandatory/#Mandatory/' /usr/share/applications/hildon-status-bar/hildon-status-bar-battery.desktop

at least #6 is done automatically then

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-11-11 at 20:58. Reason: 7? I'm hyped...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
Hmmm... AdvancedPower... ))) I'll think about it
Well, I like it because it creates a set of replacement statusbar applets that are open source, faster, better, more useful than the Nokia applets. Advanced Backlight, Advanced Power, Advanced Connectivity, etc.

Each applet will benefit from the shared branding with the others, people will instantly know what it is when you slap "Advanced" on the front of the name. The end result is better for everybody involved.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Reattach, please. I'm not planning on uninstalling it.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
When the charger is inserted, is it possible to play the /usr/share/sounds/ui-charging_started.wav sound?

Fixed and uploaded.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
When the charger is inserted, is it possible to play the /usr/share/sounds/ui-charging_started.wav sound?
I guess, yes
I just don't like that sound on charger connect.

Originally Posted by 412b View Post
I guess, yes
I just don't like that sound on charger connect.
It can always be made an option .

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
CPU Freq Definitions:
conservative =
ondemand = same as liqbase?
null =
powersave = same as liqbase?
performance = same as liqbase?

Tags
applet, battery, python, statusbar