Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Can I donate?

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
- Smileys (fairly easy to implement but VERY HARD to render in the GUI, especially in your input box)
I have no knowledge of rendering images in the input box, but do we actually need that? A smiley could just stay like this: :) in the input box.

Other then that, thanks for all of the releases so far, and please set up a Paypal.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
I have no knowledge of rendering images in the input box, but do we actually need that? A smiley could just stay like this: in the input box..
We actually need that. Whatsapp have hundreds of smileys. But it's possible. Your Conversations render smileys in your input box. If they could do it, I'm sure I can do it too.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Gent, Belgium
Scorpius, you deserve a medal!

It just looks so... Maemo! Thanks, my girlfriend who's not in my country at this moment, loves this very much!
Only thing that's not working correctly, is the chat history, if I close the window, and there is a new message, the window is cleared again.

(Not sure if you meant that in your original Todo list)

Can we take a look at the source somewhere, maybe we could tweak it a bit

Last edited by carharttguy; 2012-06-04 at 20:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carharttguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by carharttguy View Post
Scorpius, you deserve a medal!

It just looks so... Maemo! Thanks, my girlfriend who's not in my country at this moment, loves this very much!
Only thing that's not working correctly, is the chat history, if I close the window, and there is a new message, the window is cleared again.

(Not sure if you meant that in your original Todo list)

Can we take a look at the source somewhere, maybe we could tweak it a bit
That would indeed be one of the reasons I like Yappari so much. It's not fun other fancy UI that doesn't look like Maemo at all.
The pop-ups are Maemo's own and it just belongs there.

And yeah, that's what he meant in the To-Do list

The Following User Says Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Gent, Belgium
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
That would indeed be one of the reasons I like Yappari so much. It's not fun other fancy UI that doesn't look like Maemo at all.
The pop-ups are Maemo's own and it just belongs there.

And yeah, that's what he meant in the To-Do list
Aha Ok!

Wel, after finishing the Todo list, only one thing is needed: A donate button! Because, you're helping me out, and help me saving a lot of money on those normal text messages!

I am happy to be one of your testers
Please reply to my private message

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Twente, NL
Could not wait till tommorow.
Had to try it right away!!
Notification worked fine for me, with sound and vibration.

Really nice job!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaamp For This Useful Post:
Excellent work, loving it so far.

Noticed some strange behaviour:

When switching from carrier internet to wi-fi or back yappari stops working. Even stranger: If I started on wi-fi, then switched to my carrier, yappari stops working. I f I THEN switch back to wi-fi, it works again. Only Wi-Fi. no carrier internet. (if I quit yappari then switch then start it again, it works fine.)

If I start on the carrier line and then switch to wi-fi, yappari stops working and doesn't even work when I switch back to the carrier.

That's my observation so far, I'll have to see tomorrow if this behaviour is reproducible.

(Testing this at home with bluestacks running a second whatsapp on my landline number.)

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Trinidad
Great work Scorpius

The Following User Says Thank You to Dre For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp