Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
Yeah, but number 4 was the N900
You are right. So step 5 is "Release a stillborn MeeGo phone."

Equally pathetic.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
Sorry if this link was posted. Don't have time to read all those posts.

First Analysis of Nokia-Microsoft Alliance - Wow this is good for Microsoft

I liked the article, and he has some good points.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE
You all are invited! :-)
sowwy

Ok, so it seems like bad news initially, but lets face it, Nokia had to do something drastic to stay in the game. At least a Nokia / Windows phone will be strongly supported. Microsoft have done a very good job of supporting its other smartphones, unlike Nokia who have left us N900 guys out in the cold.

Its the meego blokes I feel for. 18 months+ of planning, programming, collaboration and development, only to be told its not gonna happen. Harsh!

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Thankfully I have a decent contract on my N900.

I was only playing with a WP7 phone yesterday, and apart from the obvious shortfalls like no copy/paste etc, I really really disliked the interface, and on that basis I'm out

I really hope someone else picks up where Nokia is leaving Meego and releases a Meego phone in the next year or so, otherwise it'll be an Android phone for me.

I ain't an analyst etc, but selling out to Microsoft like this does strike me as insane verging on suicidal for Nokia. I expected as share of the eco system maps/mail/music etc, but Nokia sticking with symbian, and meego, and bringing the UXs on both bang up to date. Nokia are now going to be nothing more than a boutique OEM - they'll be subcontracted to build iphones next

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
nokia makes great hardware
micro$oft makes great OS

hows that a problem?

plus windows will be used on the top nokia phones, meego on the middle range.. right?
ms = great os??? are you serious?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Waynder View Post
dont we already have that?
I meant a hardware platform, and again, its just an idea

It would have cost less to license Alien Dalvik to every Meego phone, than it will now cost Nokia to buy WP7 license to every phone.

With Meego, Nokia would really had been different from all the others. And yes, Android has 2 years ahead start. But with Alien Dalvik most of those Android-apps would had worked in Nokia Meego phone and the Meego phones would had immediately be ahead of Android-phones.

I just do not get it. Really bad decision. Even stock markets do not believe in WP7, because also MSFT stock is down.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Vienna
Originally Posted by leetnoob View Post

Windows Phone 7 lacks some features
[...]
The Calendar app no longer has a 'Weekly' view.
[...]
First I thought they ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Phone_7 ) are making a big joke: no weekly view?
Then I read this one:
"Windows Phone 7 Wish List
[...]
Week view in the calendar – I miss it greatly when planning my week or looking for when to have a meeting
[...]
[ http://bromarduk.wordpress.com/tag/wp7/ ]

Seriously: this is something my old Palm Tungsten had!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ME2g For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Originally Posted by mmlado View Post
Sorry if this link was posted. Don't have time to read all those posts.

First Analysis of Nokia-Microsoft Alliance - Wow this is good for Microsoft

I liked the article, and he has some good points.
After reading this it looks (to me) that current Nokia "management" rather fu** off whole world just to satisfy US market ...

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org