Notices

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I just hope that gidzzz wasn't overhelmed by great success of his maintainership over project, and isn't going to disappear soon
I've got some exams coming and other not quite pleasant stuff to deal with, that's why I am so absent lately... and I'm a bit overwhelmed, but I'm not leaving that easily.

There was a silent update on Friday (only translations) and I've got another one today:
  • Fixed continuous 100% CPU usage when creating a thumbnail in certain cases.
  • Don't clear the list of videos when refreshing it.
  • Support for opening HTTP video streams.
  • More meaningful window titles for the UPnP browser.
I forgot to include microjo's updated Chinese translation in 20111120-1, but it's already on its way to the repository (20111120-2).

Hopefully all reports for the 100% CPU bug had the same cause. Please report here if the problem persists after the update.

It should be possible to open online videos from other applications, but I tested it only with cuteTube, so that's another thing needing confirmation.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
i have this problem:
i have like everysingle song twice or three times each.
in someplayer i have like 1100 song and in OMP I have around 2000
ideas ?

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
- Support for opening HTTP video streams. -

I open the http link to a camera?

Hi, I'm back with some corrections for italian translation. This time I created and tested a .qm file (included in the attachment).

Maybe it's already been asked, but may I suggest an option in settings that makes OMP the default player?
Is it too early for the current stage of development?
I know about the tweak described in the wiki (edit "/usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.nokia.mediaplayer.service"), but wouldn't it be more straightforward to add a simple checkbox?
Attached Files
File Type: zip openmediaplayer.it2011-11-20.zip (13.2 KB, 88 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lestat For This Useful Post:
Problem: When your watching a movie or clip and you tap to pause it the background around the pause, previous and next buttons changes quickly - bit irritating
Whilst on stock media player, it doesn't the buttons simply appear

Originally Posted by eggtimer View Post
Problem: When your watching a movie or clip and you tap to pause it the background around the pause, previous and next buttons changes quickly - bit irritating
Whilst on stock media player, it doesn't the buttons simply appear
Can't confirm, it doesn't happen for me. In my device, hitting pause during video playback doesn't result in such strange things.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
The installscript always downloads the version from april the 13th. Could someone eventually fix this? Thx

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
The installscript always downloads the version from april the 13th. Could someone eventually fix this? Thx
I think istallscript is no longer supported use repositories

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pawelstryju For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Glasgow
I know it's just eye-candy - but are there any plans to introduce an album art view option such as the one in Flowplayer ? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75130

The current cover "flat list" view in OMP does work faster than the stock media player but just lacks a bit of flair (album art screen, not the OMP itself)

Last edited by MJGibb; 2011-11-20 at 22:45.

I think such additions should be left alone, until we get version that 100% reproduces functionality of stock media player + fixes all it's bugs. Such version could be included into CSSU.

Then, someone (even gdizzz himself, if he is still going to be interested) may prepare OMP-power ( ) with whatever functionalities, that aren't obligatory for everyone to have (like with possible CSSU version).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse