Anyone know of an application loader that looks kind of like Canola?
I am currently using Personal Launcher, but the icons are small, and don't display the name of the programs.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Personal Menu shows the names. and the icons can be displayed up to 64x64.

Personal Menu is the first thing i install when i reflash my nit. An animated/3d menu/file launcher simulair to conola would be nice on the n810 but ive yet to see anything like that for it. Mabey you can offer a bounty and pay someone to develop something

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
Personal Menu shows the names. and the icons can be displayed up to 64x64.

it doesn't show the names on my n810. Maybe I don't have the icons large enough? I would like to see the name of the application underneath the icon.

Last edited by eastbayarb; 2009-12-16 at 08:32.

Personal Menu is a different program then Personal Launcher, Install it via app manager then go into control panel select panels and add it. Then click on settings and add all the programs and name your menus.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington State, USA
Personal menu doesnt seem very canola-esque to me. Qtablet was something more akin to Canola but the project has been discontinued and the servers that hosted the .debs return 403.

You could try iTablet for something iPhone like.

There's really not a nice App launcher that replaces the desktop menu style functionality except Personal Menu/Launcher. I wish there was and have looked high and low.

The Following User Says Thank You to gogol For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the tip. I want to try iTablet, but its not showing in my application manager, nor does the download link work on the author's home page.

Anyone know where to download iTablet?

Originally Posted by eastbayarb View Post
Thanks for the tip. I want to try iTablet, but its not showing in my application manager, nor does the download link work on the author's home page.

Anyone know where to download iTablet?

Nevermind, here it is:

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=1287

I am wondering if it is possible in iTablet to use my own icons or change the ones currently on there?