Notices

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
You have to have ITOS2008 installed first.

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Milan - Italy
Originally Posted by MstPrgmr View Post
Are you guys using OS 2008 or the beta. I had a problem installing with the beta, but the final OS 2008 worked for me.
I've the final OS 2008 installed (not the beta). Before I had trouble installing rtcomm (following the instructions from the official site), I've did an "apt-get dist-upgrade"...maybe this is the problem...

Last edited by Lupin3d; 2008-01-07 at 01:56. Reason: subject error :)

Originally Posted by Lupin3d View Post
I've the final OS 2008 installed (not the beta). Before having trouble installing rtcomm (following the instructions from the official site), I've did an "apt-get dist-upgrade"...maybe this is the problem...
I'm a N800/Linux newbie. Please please give me the plain english, step by step for that procedure.

still not getting any of my contacts to show up. they can contact me, and I can only chat/see whoever msgs me. but once I close and then re-open msn, they are gone.

any suggestions?

running the latest OS on an n810...

Originally Posted by Mika73 View Post
Any screenshots of IRC use?

Hope we endusers get final version soon.

I'm using server im.bitlbee.org

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnguyen972 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
hehe, so when can we expect Off-The-Record (OTR) encryption to be integrated with the OS's telepathy-haze libs?
Mr. Goldberg, are you listening? Any chance we could even get it to work over SIP? :-D

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany
Hi!

rtcomm is working so far, but at work I have only internet access through a cisco vpn tunnel, which I establish with vpnc. Every single application uses that tunnel, but rtcomm does not.

Anyone using the same setup?

Any ideas how to fix that?

Thanks

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by vnguyen972 View Post

I'm using server im.bitlbee.org
Looks nice I want one too.

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bellshill, UK
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I removed Bluez 3.23 and installed 3.20 to fix my BT problem and my N800 went nuts turning itself off & on constantly. Had to remove the battery and reflash the unit again to get working.

Think I'll wait awhile till they sort the BT problem before upgrading to the beta again. Just sticking to Pidgin at the moment, but really liked the integrated chat compatibility for yahoo/msn/aim etc..

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
Not sure if this has been recorded yet, but for some reason, I can't seem to Add Detail MSN (Haze) in contact cards. Also, in many of my MSN contacts, their MSN id appears in the GoogleTalk field instead of MSN (Haze).

What I'm trying to do is to set up single contact cards per individual containing each of their IM usernames, but I guess that would be out of the question at this point in time since it is unlikely that the status indicator would know which one to reflect against....

But any advice/tips on getting 'single' contact cards working would be much appreciated

Tags
instant messaging, rtcomm