Hi peops,

So the jPad is coming in a few months it seems, and I really would like to prepare something to use it as graphic tablet with my computer. Think Wacom but with a Jolla ;-)

I already have a similar setup with my iPad, but I'll ditch it once I receive my jPad. Now the question is, how will I be able to use my gorgeous stylus to draw on my computer ?

I ask to people who would like to create something like this to work with me, if any.

I'm mainly a graphic designer (UI/UX too), with scarce knowledge in Qt (still learning, can make UI though). However I can also help with getting the desktop servers ready, with research, architecture and testing.

I know a lot of the devs here are already busy on other projects, but if anyone is interested in this, it would really be awesome.

Of course, as is the custom, I'd like all this work to be open source for the community to profit and enhance.

Anyone ?

Last edited by sandy_locke; 2015-01-25 at 13:15.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sandy_locke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Stop usuing that jpad name its too deciving .

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I would defently like to see that but I fear the jPad will not be suited for advanced accessory or basic connecfions like 3G. I would also like a stylus . best solution would be built in. but I guess the won't happen. Lets hope its possible to use any stylus in the future.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-01-25 at 07:18.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
jPad = Jolla Tablet in your mind? Really?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
I think it's a typo and he meant iPad.
AFAIK iPads don't have wacom digitizers, so using it for that purpose would be close to useless, as capacitive displays are not precise.

Still, not sure why he's asking about solutions for Apple products on TMO and what does iPad have to do with Jolla he's also mentioning...

Last edited by nodevel; 2015-01-25 at 08:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Why do people continue to use the terms jphone and jpad ?!??

I mean what if there was a one-click hardware that could cut out large chunks of websites and compress them for archiving. Some sort of Internet Zone Zipper.

If Jolla were selling a thumbdrive with such capabilities, would you guys really call it "jizz" ?

I'm flattered

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
like this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_oD_lqNHes8 ??
yes, but it should work on any app/screen.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb

so, which one is it that we are talking about?

or maybe Dave just likes so much a Journal of Pakistan association of Dermatologists. Or The Journal of Prevention of Alzheimer's Disease.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Well sorry guys, I thought the term was in use here and that it would be quicker to write. Anyway, it's sad to see that the only thing you manage to say about my proposition is that "jPad" is a bad name. Ok I understood, no need to be so close minded. I mean, who cares? Come on.

Anyway, back on the subject, it would be like the youtube video posted earlier, except that the writings/drawing reflect on a computer screen. It's meant for artists and maybe those who want to write down some hand written notes with schematic and all.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I think it's a typo and he meant iPad.
AFAIK iPads don't have wacom digitizers, so using it for that purpose would be close to useless, as capacitive displays are not precise.

Still, not sure why he's asking about solutions for Apple products on TMO and what does iPad have to do with Jolla he's also mentioning...
If the Jolla Tablet get the same screen as the iPad (which I read somewhere) using a BT stylus with it will work just fine. I regularly draw on mine with and Adonit Touch and it can be quite precise, all the more with a "zoom" feature.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Why do people continue to use the terms jphone and jpad ?!??

I mean what if there was a one-click hardware that could cut out large chunks of websites and compress them for archiving. Some sort of Internet Zone Zipper.

If Jolla were selling a thumbdrive with such capabilities, would you guys really call it "jizz" ?
I like this name ^^ But again, english is not my native language so maybe it relates to something that english people find odd...

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
jPad = Jolla Tablet in your mind? Really?
Why not ? It's quicker to write...

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Stop usuing that jpad name its too deciving .
Ok, sorry for that. I didn't realize.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I would defently like to see that but I fear the jPad will not be suited for advanced accessory or basic connecfions like 3G. I would also like a stylus . best solution would be built in. but I guess the won't happen. Lets hope its possible to use any stylus in the future.
But the majority of tablets out there have not been designed to be used with stylus either, so what's the problem ? If the screen is descent enough, and that some program allow to connect a BT stylus to it, so it will not be different than using one on iPad or I don't know Galaxy Tab or the like... Sorry for the references (maybe you don't like me talking about big companies and all) but majority of "stylus artists" use a tablet made by those firms.

Last edited by sandy_locke; 2015-01-25 at 13:11.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sandy_locke For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, sailfish, stylus, tablet