Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Since the ability exists to have inverted colours, can it be added as a switch in settings, ohrm?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Hello,

I just noticed that when I am browsing the internet with Opera, the IP-address is not my own IP. The IP is located somehwere in Poland with the hostname "Opera Software Asa".

Previously I was wondering that why am I able to enter a website (piratebay) that is banned by the finnish internet providers with my mobile phone but not on my PC. Both devices were on same WLAN. Now I notice that it works with any internet connection but only in Opera and not with Firefox or stock browser.

Any ideas why is Opera doing this? Should we be worried because as far as I understand all the traffic is routed through Poland?

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
First off, thank you for your continued support of Maemo5 and Maemo6, dear Opera.

Originally Posted by rontsikka View Post
Hello,

I just noticed that when I am browsing the internet with Opera, the IP-address is not my own IP. The IP is located somehwere in Poland with the hostname "Opera Software Asa".

Previously I was wondering that why am I able to enter a website (piratebay) that is banned by the finnish internet providers with my mobile phone but not on my PC. Both devices were on same WLAN. Now I notice that it works with any internet connection but only in Opera and not with Firefox or stock browser.

Any ideas why is Opera doing this? Should we be worried because as far as I understand all the traffic is routed through Poland?
Maybe you have Opera Turbo enabled?

Originally Posted by LavaCroft View Post
First off, thank you for your continued support of Maemo5 and Maemo6, dear Opera.

Maybe you have Opera Turbo enabled?
Yes I do.

Furthermore, I just found on wikipedia that this behaviour is the basic functionality of Opera Mini Not worried anymore!

I had to instal the older version of opera bcz of laags to much, and the one with adapted meego keyboard sem to work well...well it's not perfect with keyboard but saves me from hours of laags!

Hello everyone,

The update to version 12.1 should now be available world wide. See the first post for details on what's new.

/ohrn

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
You guys ROCK!

Originally Posted by ohrn View Post
Hello everyone,

The update to version 12.1 should now be available world wide. See the first post for details on what's new.

/ohrn

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Flash not working is that normal?
via Youtube i receive the message, 'cant play this on device'

Just using it again after a long time...

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Flash wont work . For youtube use default browser . And read first post before posting ...

The Following User Says Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Flash not working is that normal?
via Youtube i receive the message, 'cant play this on device'

Just using it again after a long time...
Flash only working on the Firefox!

Try m.youtube.com . I don't know if opera support .MP4? If not, open them with default or firefox if you have to.

But thank you Opera!!! Especially ohrn + other who still support us!!