i ordered a scud battery from aliexpress as well. unfortunately i only got scud: scl-1109A 1350 mAh.

anyways they shipped it within 21days - no complaining about that - but after initial use i got a few error messages (cant reproduce - i ignored them) i am at a point, where my n900 is not charging at all.

i screened talk forums about solutions (a few other people here have problems as well) but until now i couldnot find something meaningful. maybe conclusion, battery is faulty is the right one.

I built a dual scud setup about 6 months ago. It worked great after a couple of discharges, reading around 2600mah. I've noticed low-battery warnings faster than before over the last month so I did another discharge today. 1878mah

Looks like I got some bad ones because these didn't last me any longer than those generic chinese ebay batteries

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Bristol, UK
Indeed your's seem to be be fake-ish, my DualSCUD only dropped to 3333mAh after few months use...
Flash Player v10.1 (faked to v12.1) is here!

Taking pre-orders for dual PolarCell battery (~3000mAh) with Mugen cover for £50
Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit here! Also 250mins unlimited txts & internet for £10 PAYG!

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
so no new source for good Scud batteries? should i go with the polarcell one?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
so no new source for good Scud batteries? should i go with the polarcell one?
I believe that is correct at the moment.

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
I can recommend the PolarCell mentioned in the first post.
ebay link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PolarCell-...item5ae5cc9046

More importantly, I can REALLY recommend the seller, Wannsee-Electronic (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/wannseeelectronic). My battery arrived severely dented and bent, as if the postal services ran a truck over it. One message and a few pictures of the battery later, and a replacement was shipped.

They also ship very fast. If you want to buy a PolarCell battery from a trustworthy place, buy from them.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by petur View Post
I can recommend the PolarCell mentioned in the first post.
ebay link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PolarCell-...item5ae5cc9046

More importantly, I can REALLY recommend the seller, Wannsee-Electronic (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/wannseeelectronic).
Yes , I completely agree good customer services and fast postage. I have two now.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Just a quick question regarding mugen covers. Going to the provided link and searching for HLI-N900XL yields a single result, which requires you to buy a battery with the cover, so I guess this is not the correct procedure.

If I understand correctly, the suggestion is to follow the link provided and in the field "Battery Model and Cover Color" to put "HLI-N900XL" and in the "Your Battery Order Number" field to write "50002XXXX" where XXXX ranges from 0001 to 3000. Is this correct? What bothers me is that this page is an order for an additional backdoor, which seems to be different from a cover (if one is to judge by the image shown).

Can you please shed some light on this issue, perhaps whether or not the cover is still available and if the workaround is still possible?

Just a quick question regarding mugen covers. Going to the provided link and searching for HLI-N900XL yields a single result, which requires you to buy a battery with the cover, so I guess this is not the correct procedure.

If I understand correctly, the suggestion is to follow the link provided and in the field "Battery Model and Cover Color" to put "HLI-N900XL" and in the "Your Battery Order Number" field to write "50002XXXX" where XXXX ranges from 0001 to 3000. Is this correct? What bothers me is that this page is an order for an additional backdoor, which seems to be different from a cover (if one is to judge by the image shown).

Can you please shed some light on this issue, perhaps whether or not the cover is still available and if the workaround is still possible?

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc