Active Topics

Has anyone on a Vodafone UK contract got their internet working properly? After putting my SIM in the phone it automatically found a Vodafone GPRS connection, but it doesn't work properly - takes about 2 mins to load a simple web page and doesn't work at all half the time.

I called Vodafone and they couldn't text me any settings, but instead sent a text telling me to go into the phones connection Wizard.

Maybe i'm being thick, but I can figure this out...

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Are you sure you have 3G coverage? If 2G is all you have, a GPRS connection can take a couple of minutes and doesn't always work (in my experience).

The Following User Says Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Mine works fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Mine works fine.
Could you post the settings you are using to get your 3G working? Maybe that'll be handy for the user with the prob?

(May also come in handy for me when mine eventually arrives as I'll be on Voda too!).

But yes, if 2G is all that is available, baring in mind you're trying to load full versions of websites, not mobile websites, it will indeed take a long time to load a page.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lincs, UK
Try just loading the google web page, should still load quite quickly if your data connection is indeed working