Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
not like the n900 shipping thread. But is a start

I'm more interested in the rumour mill.. the Nokia N9 (supposedly going to be running Meego) has the potential to be a more elegant, less heavy, thinner version of the N900.

Also, it would be nice if the above hypothetical device had 3D sat-nav (which is being developed for the last year by Navteq) with voice guided directions.. Oh yeah and Open Office should be pre-installed on it 'out of the box'.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tzsm98 View Post
[SIZE="3"]I'm glad Nokia didn't charge my credit card yet. When I pre-ordered the N900 from Buy.com and Amazon.com they both were very happy to make an immediate funds transfer while I waited from October to 23 December to receive the goods.
I personally wouldn't buy anything from a place that charges credit card as soon as preorder has been made... they are only taking free loan on your expense with such maneuvers.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
The best thing about N8 beeing out is that people will probably finally stop calling N900 "the flagship device".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
setting release dates only pisses ppl of. Couse they never tend to keep em. ID Software (quake-series doom etc) Had a great strategy.
When asked about release date they allways answered
"When its done"

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Nokia announced that if you're preorder now you'll be lucky and get the N8 by next week.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Nokia announced that if you're preorder now you'll be lucky and get the N8 by next week.
You can buy it from Nokia's flagship store in Helsinki now. Price 529 € (pre oredered 499€).

yey when it's released i would get the chance to buy a more cheaper n900 thats for sure.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Eh...
http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/30/n...ipments-begin/
http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/30/n...irst-unboxing/