Active Topics

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I read on Quora that the power consumption depends on the frequency of the network. This would mean that idle LTE on 800Mhz would consume less power than 2.1 GHz 3G.

N9x0s don't support LTE, of course. But can we find out the available frequencies and the one used on our N900/N9/N950s?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
The author should probably have stopped at: "This is not a straightforward question to answer. The fact is, it depends on lots of things." The direct relationship between carrier frequency he seems to suggest is at best an oversimplification.

But as to the frequencies used by those phones, the wikipedia article on each has a list of frequencies used (at least the English wiki page does). And you can look through the page on GSM frequency bands for what 's used where (and there are pages for HSPA and UMTS networks, too).

There's an interactive tool at www.frequencycheck.com that looks up-to-date for N9 and N900.

Of course, what's actually available where you are now is a different question. And you may find you don't have a choice of band anyway . . .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Thanks!

Can we then somehow predict whether being connected to LTE will use more power than to 3G?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post: