Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
No problem for me. As with every update, I was forced to manually add an entry into the layouts.conf file. There's a new "handler" line, anyway:

Code:
[customkeyboard.qml]
name=CustomName
languageCode=ES
// Using ES dictionary in my case
handler=Xt9InputHandler.qml

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mced For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
You are right mced, thanks a lot!

I was changing the language code to see - in the space key - which keyboard I was using: FR or FR-CH. By changing the language code I had no word prediction.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
My issue was using custom layouts.conf file, without the newly added line:
Code:
I just replaced the new one with mine, thus not having an idea this line was there.
Just adding it fixed it! Thanks for pointing it out!

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
My issue was using custom layouts.conf file, without the newly added line:
Code:
I just replaced the new one with mine, thus not having an idea this line was there.
Just adding it fixed it! Thanks for pointing it out!
Probably needs to be added for external layout files too. That's why I was only missing the Bulgarian completion.

On the plus side - seems we can now use custom completion handlers

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
(Edited)
My "Extended English" did not work anymore. The autocompletion didn't work, nor the extra characters I added. The extra line to use Xt9inputhandler didn't do the trick at first.
But something else changed as well. I use Bitvise for SFTP to download/upload the keyboard files and xterm for the bash shell. I used to be able to paste commands into the terminal, but that doesn't work anymore.

Then I tried a second time. Uploaded the enx.conf file with the extra line to /home/nemo/Downloads, and from bash I copied the file to /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla/layouts as root. Restarted the service with killall maliit-server and it works. (First time I FTP'd the .conf file directly to /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla/layouts, probably with wrong user settings then.)

Last edited by rob_kouw; 2014-04-13 at 12:00.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Allright, this is a silly question, I know, but I tried for some time and could not find the correct way to do this thing, so maybe soembody can help me with this.

What I'd like to accomplish, is to have a different layout based on whether the device is in portrait or landscape mode. The reason for that is that I'd like to have full set of cursor keys (up, down, left, right) in landscape mode, but just left and right in portrait.

This is what I've accomplished:

As you can see, the layout is a bit tight in the rightmost portrait view, (marked with green...) so I'd like to have just 2 buttons there.

Now, I have tried various ways to do that, but for some reason I cannot put a simple "if(...)" statement in the QML code to any place it should seemingly affect the drawing of the layout.
I suppose that is because of the way the layout is drawn, it uses some funny iterative way to do that in updateSizes() of KeyboardLayout.qml, I guess??

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
This is actually very good change so languages not supported by prediction won't poison the word prediction database and this also makes changing input handler much easier.

I will update RPM packages for English Dvorak, English Colemak, French-Swiss and French Bépo accordingly.

@juiceme: create two spacebar rows. One visible only when portraitMode is true and the other when portraitMode is false. I haven't tested with latest update but earlier it didn't work if visible was defined for individual keys but works for full row.

Last edited by Penguin; 2014-04-15 at 16:50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penguin For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
@juiceme: create two spacebar rows. One visible only when portraitMode is true and the other when portraitMode is false. I haven't tested with latest update but earlier it didn't work if visible was defined for individual keys but works for full row.
Thanks, that is something I already figured out, but where can I add the branching logic?
Now as I understand it, the QML files under the "layout" directory are data structure definitions, you cannot put if/else statements there.
There is actual running code in "KeyboardLayout.qml" for example, but it is a bit unclear to me on how that bit accesses the definition QML files that contain the actual kayboard model.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
@Penguin: In some cases the prediction is not "poisoned", as with radically different languages, like English and Bulgarian, or Spanish and Hebrew, because the characters systems don't allow one showing predictions in the other.

That said, it will be a good feature the developer to be able to specify which prediction database should be used for a language. I went ahead and logged it in Together.
http://bit.ly/1m5TEfm

Last edited by Bundyo; 2014-04-15 at 20:32.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
By the way, we have a community meeting entry about also community keyboards, see https://lists.sailfishos.org/piperma...il/004098.html

Please show up to make your voice and thoughts heard!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: