Active Topics

Poll: Does PayPal need to be added as an payment option to the OVI store?
Poll Options
Does PayPal need to be added as an payment option to the OVI store?

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on May 2008 @ France
I have an international credit card, but I voted yes.
The fewer companies store my CC number, the better.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have felt PayPal was evil since I tried to make a purchase in Moscow once using PayPal (I was living there at the time) and they permanently banned my account. (I think they have changed their policy since -- I hope so.) I made a $350 purchase using PayPal today (another N900, in fact) but I would be just as happy with some other company.

I am pretty sure Paypal can generate a temporary credit card number for use with Ovi store and other services that don't accept paypal directly. I too would like direct paypal as a payment option. I really don't like spreading my cc details around online.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Paypal is expensive
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

i remember my ngage app on the n96 and ovi maps both were payed by telephone bill. now they stopped this feature... on the n96 you can only buy with plastic also. so its no use. i think nokia got rid of this feature and thinks everyone has a credit card these days. well i dont and i know allot of people with a nokia that dont!

Paypal is indeed easy to use and world wide accepted by loads of banks. nowaday almost every purchase international over the internet is payed by paypal. but offcourse nokia again needs to be different and wants to further anoy their custommers!

Or atleast a function where you can upload 10 or 20 euro to your account like skype does. and that you can buy these credits with local methods like here in the netherlands ideal or paypal.

NOKIA FOR GOD SAKE SUPPORT THIS!!!!

I was going to buy something off the Ovi store assuming it would support paypal just now.

I cant support a platform that wont let me.

Hello bit Torrent

The Following User Says Thank You to jaimex2 For This Useful Post:
PayPal Launches Mobile Express Checkout To Enable One-Click Buying On Smartphones

http://snipurl.com/paypalmobile