Active Topics

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Maybe this isn't the best time of the year considering vacations, but is anyone interested in having a Helsinki meetup sometime soon? Depending on the number of people, we could just go hang out at some quiet bar or have a picnic.

Personally, I have no major scheduling issues for the next four weeks.

Last edited by jnwi; 2010-06-19 at 18:05. Reason: title

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Oh jolly good idea as everyone could throw rotten tomatoes at the Nokia building then demand some proper support for the N900 ha ha.

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Oh jolly good idea as everyone could throw rotten tomatoes at the Nokia building then demand some proper support for the N900 ha ha.
That as with most of your ideas would more than likely accomplish absolutely nothing, except a lighter wallet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
That as with most of your ideas would more than likely accomplish absolutely nothing, except a lighter wallet.
I see your still at it with your sarcasm... it was a JOKE you fool.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Thats not sarcasm, thats known as cynicism and in this case also truth. If you are offended by everyones call to you you might like to change your habits first instead.

Please be nice to each other!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Thats not sarcasm, thats known as cynicism and in this case also truth. If you are offended by everyones call to you you might like to change your habits first instead.

Please be nice to each other!
Yes i agree totally and it gets a little bit much when the guy keeps following me on every thread i leave a comment almost so am not suprised i have a go back as the moderators seem to fail in this area.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
abill_uk don't bring that into meetup threads please.

Back to the subject-- what about a meetup during Akademy 2010? A lot of us will be there... well, Tampere anyway.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Back to the subject-- what about a meetup during Akademy 2010? A lot of us will be there... well, Tampere anyway.
Thank you for that! I had forgotten about the location of Akademy. Just signed up for Fri-Sun now. I need to be at work during the week

I'd still like to meet people in Helsinki too, though. Tampere will be more international, and it would be nice to make local contacts as well.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
abill_uk don't bring that into meetup threads please.

I'll be at akademy for the seminars during the weekend. can't attend the workshops though. I think friday before or after the registrations would be good time to meet. how about if we go eat somewhere? there's a few good places to eat near the registration place (Demola). not big places though. so if there's many of us the eating might not be an option.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'll at least you in Tampere then, jnwi and timoph! Just try not to boo at my presentation.