Active Topics

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
So as the thread title says, I'm just wondering what happened to this thing. It's completly MIA on MeeGo.com. Has it been canned or what?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
So as the thread title says, I'm just wondering what happened to this thing. It's completly MIA on MeeGo.com. Has it been canned or what?
I'm really curious too. Would be a shame if that was canned. I'm a huge fan of the panel concept.

they canned it because they could not deliver it last month

Great somebody else opened thread for this so i don't need to.

There have been absolutely nothing about that since that video and the tablet UX as a whole is a bit of mystery to me at least.
And i wonder how the UI already looked that good compared to example handheld UX? Is the UI written on GTK like netbook?

Anybody who have mentioned that there's actual device with that is Eldar who said that Nokia's tablet would be using that UI + OVI services attached. Hardly a Nokia exec confimation, but for sure something i hope is true. I would buy that tablet in a heartbeat.

Last edited by tissot; 2010-11-05 at 21:07.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Great somebody else opened thread for this so i don't need to.

There have been absolutely nothing about that since that video and the tablet UX as a whole is a bit of mystery to me at least.
And i wonder how the UI already looked that good compared to example handheld UX? Is the UI written on GTK like netbook?

Anybody who have mentioned that there's actual device with that is Eldar who said that Nokia's tablet would be using that UI + OVI services attached. Hardly a Nokia exec confimation, but for sure something i hope is true. I would buy that tablet in a heartbeat.
Yes, I think is done in GTK

I thought that was Intel's MeeGo Tablet UI ... and what the MeeGo 1.1 release has is a generic UI which each distributor can scrap and modify.

i don't think it's "canned", that UI looks really pretty and awesome for them to simply ditch it. Remember, Meego 1.1 is still a beta, we have to wait till April 2011 next year to get v1.2 and hopefully it'll include the final UI......also, maybe that's only for tablets, i mean that demo showed it on a tablet and not N900 so maybe we won't even get it.....I hope not though....

Originally Posted by shadowz1337 View Post
i don't think it's "canned", that UI looks really pretty and awesome for them to simply ditch it. Remember, Meego 1.1 is still a beta, we have to wait till April 2011 next year to get v1.2 and hopefully it'll include the final UI......also, maybe that's only for tablets, i mean that demo showed it on a tablet and not N900 so maybe we won't even get it.....I hope not though....
Well he says in the video that it's MeeGo 1.1 pre-alpha for tablets and neither have i expected this to come to N900 at any point.
I hope we will see this UI on some tablet, but so far it sure is silent in that front.

yeah the tablet side of meego which for me was the most impressive one is MIA, we have a version of the IVI, the notebook and even the handset, the rest just MIA

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Fresh update at http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=1281

Pasted here for convenience:

Rusty Lynch from Intel made a detailed technical explanation of the work made by his team on the Tablet UX at http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2010/qt...ssions#qtmeego in San Francisco last week. It's based on Qt Quick and they had to develop the prototype seen on YouTube really really quick.

Ping him for the slides (or to Thiago Macieira, since both shared session). I believe the session was recorded (audio only, but there was no UX seen at all) but I don't know when it will be published.

It's still unclear when the MeeGo project with have a Tablet UX published.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post: