Active Topics

Notices

Hahaha.

Awesome!

I have another suggestion (let's hope it's already in I know this is not related to XBMC, but it would be very nice to add a Wake On Lan button if the app starts and cannot reach a configured host.

Thanks,

Last edited by javiermon; 2012-05-15 at 08:30.

Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
Hahaha.

Awesome!

I have another suggestion (let's hope it's already in I know this is not related to XBMC, but it would be very nice to add a Wake On Lan button if the app starts and cannot reach a configured host.

Thanks,
WakeOnLan should be already there. Thing is, it doesn't wake the PC automatically only by starting Xbmcremote. That would be too dangerous to accidentally wake the PC by tapping on the button. However, in the case your PC is off, just click on the "Connect" button, select the host you want to wake up and hit "connect" again. That should wake up your PC (given you either use Zeroconf or have manually added the MAC address when configuring the host)

Another way to use the WakeOnLan feature is to get a NFC tag (Not the smallest one with only 48 bytes), write it with Xbmcremote and every time you tap it with your phone it will automatically launch xbmcremote, wake up the PC and connect.

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
First of all. Promising app with killer graphics! Great work!

I have entered the IP of my HTPC and the app has obviously connected to XBMC. The app shows the "Data" folders, but there are no files listed.

Can someone be so kind to tell me how I can solve this problem?

I have played with this program in the past and found it very handy at times, but never had a permanent use for it until now.

Soon I will be getting my Raspberry Pi and will be looking forward to using xmbcremote as one of my main HIDs for it. I'm quite looking forward to making this one of my go-to tools again

Originally Posted by redhotfoo View Post
First of all. Promising app with killer graphics! Great work!

I have entered the IP of my HTPC and the app has obviously connected to XBMC. The app shows the "Data" folders, but there are no files listed.

Can someone be so kind to tell me how I can solve this problem?
It seems you are using xbmc in "Files" mode. When adding a source in xbmc, make sure you set the content type correctly and scan your files to the library.

Another solution would be a long-tap on "Music" or "Videos" in Xbmcremote which will let you switch to file mode. Library mode is the recommended one, as the files mode does not support all the features.

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
I have played with this program in the past and found it very handy at times, but never had a permanent use for it until now.

Soon I will be getting my Raspberry Pi and will be looking forward to using xmbcremote as one of my main HIDs for it. I'm quite looking forward to making this one of my go-to tools again
I'm waiting for my Raspberry Pi too Let's hope the wait is over soon.

Have you had your invite yet? I got mine last week so should get it in the post in a couple of weeks.

Need I'll need to sort my other device problem out before I can have a good sit down with it, but the xmbc looks like a no-brainer. Can't wait to fire it up

Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
It seems you are using xbmc in "Files" mode. When adding a source in xbmc, make sure you set the content type correctly and scan your files to the library.

Another solution would be a long-tap on "Music" or "Videos" in Xbmcremote which will let you switch to file mode. Library mode is the recommended one, as the files mode does not support all the features.
Hi again,

One question, is there anyway in the app to trigger clean/update audio/video library? Like in the remote included in the xbmc web interface?

Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
Hi again,

One question, is there anyway in the app to trigger clean/update audio/video library? Like in the remote included in the xbmc web interface?
Yes, long-tap on "Music" or "Videos" should bring up a menu which allows you to either switch between Library and Files mode and refresh the library.

Hint: You can long-tap nearly every UI element in Xbmcremote to bring up some sort of menu or access other features.

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Have you had your invite yet? I got mine last week so should get it in the post in a couple of weeks.

Need I'll need to sort my other device problem out before I can have a good sit down with it, but the xmbc looks like a no-brainer. Can't wait to fire it up
I should get one from the QtonPi device program. Seems they weren't shipped with the first batch - so I have no idea when I'll get mine.