Notices

Originally Posted by PmX View Post
In the list of movies on the phone, you tap the move to play it, or press and hold to bring up the menu to add to playlist. It would be nice if on that menu there was an "information" option that showed information like when you press the i key on the pc (http://xbmc.org/wp-content/gallery/r...59-960x539.png).
I see.... Like it... Let's see what I can do

Originally Posted by PmX View Post
and for keyboard input i mean either you can navigate the menus on the phone with it, or they key presses could be passed to xbmc so we can hit i to bring up info on the big screen or c for the context menu etc.
The keyboard navigation for arrow keys is no problem. But I can't really do anything for the rest unless the xbmc guys extend the protocol. Right now I can only send the stuff that is already in there. No other commands are supported yet. I can create a feature request for this but currently there is still other, more important stuff to do/fix. Anyways, I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks for your ideas and feedback.

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JimKnopf View Post
Sorry for not getting back with some feedback for a while. Been busy with my studies, so no time for regular testing.

Nonetheless, got no errors or headaches using it on a daily basis...thanks again. Makes me even lazier at home...
Thanks Good feedback is always welcome and motivating.

This (combined) would be sweet.
See my previous post on that topic.

Is this implemented to use with the N900s keyboard?
Yeah, just press a key whenever you're in a list and it'll jump to that letter.
As for pictures: would be nice to see thumbnails instead of the filename. But as I don't view pictures via xbmc priority isn't (that) high.
Fully agree. Unfortunately also on the priority part

Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
I see.... Like it... Let's see what I can do

The keyboard navigation for arrow keys is no problem. But I can't really do anything for the rest unless the xbmc guys extend the protocol. Right now I can only send the stuff that is already in there. No other commands are supported yet. I can create a feature request for this but currently there is still other, more important stuff to do/fix. Anyways, I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks for your ideas and feedback.
Fantastic! Im so happy you are activlely developing this

The Following User Says Thank You to PmX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Hamburg/Germany
Did they Change the API Again? i have the latest Git Version but xbmcremote says that it is to old.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThreeM For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ThreeM View Post
Did they Change the API Again? i have the latest Git Version but xbmcremote says that it is to old.
Thanks for the hint. According to their development site they have indeed changed some functions (like setVolume() ). From the changelog I cannot see any hard incompatibilty but I am compiling the latest version right now and will test everything. Expect an update of Xbmcremote soon.

For anyone interested: Here is a good summary of changes of the Xbmc API which should give you a good feelling on when you can safely update Xbmc and when its better to wait for me to update Xbmcremote:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=98551

I have tested it now. Actually the connection still works fine here with Xbmcremote 0.5 and todays version of Xbmc. The setVolume command is indeed broken but I have already pushed a new version that fixes it.

Xbmcremote is now able to detect the version of Xbmc and uses the appropriate setVolume command depending on the version of Xbmc. You can upgrade Xbmcremote and stick with the old version of Xbmc, if you want to are safe to upgrade Xbmc too.

I have also added a flattr button for donations now. Try it out

Hmm still get the "This Version is to old message" Im Using xbmcremote 0.5.2 and xbmc Version from 5. October.

Originally Posted by ThreeM View Post
Hmm still get the "This Version is to old message" Im Using xbmcremote 0.5.2 and xbmc Version from 5. October.
Could you please send me a mail with the debug output when running this on the device:

/opt/xbmcremote/bin/xbmcremote -d connection

I checked today's git (on arch linux). Everything works ok. One little thing - file always go to root of hdd, not to correct folders.

Of course i can Whats our e-Mail Address?