Notices

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Sorry for the late reply, this should not happen, I have English and Greek keyboard enabled and they get enabled again when you put the calculator in the background. Your keyboard configuration should be saved in /home/user/.mobilecrunch in two files and restored upon sending the app to background. Could you please care to post the contents of those two files so that I can troubleshoot the problem? Works fine here that's why I am asking.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

those files in ~/.mobileCrunch are empty
also upon starting (and backgrounding) mobilecrunch, all keyboards in the system are disabled
my phone language is simplified chinese and I have enabled swype, US English, pinyin and handwriting
but this issue remains even if I left only US English enabled

hope that helps

Let me try with swype and report back. If you have developer mode enabled can you please post the result of
ls .mobileCrunch

I wonder if it has to do with permissions.

user@RM696:~$ ls -l .mobileCrunch
total 0
-rw-r--r-- 1 user users 0 May 24 11:20 oldActiveKb
-rw-r--r-- 1 user users 0 May 24 11:20 oldEnabledKb

I don't think the issue is Swype-related though

It's not a permissions thing, it's not a swype thing either.

Short explanation.

When the application shows, I read all the enabled layouts and write them to a file (oldEnabledKb) so that I can load them later, when the application goes to the background. MeeGo though triggered the background event once on application start, so whatever is stored in the file gets loaded.

(in your case, and anybody's after fresh install, nothing, as the file was empty -or non existent-. In my case my default keyboards because the file had my default keyboards.
They got written there when I changed them while the application was open, while testing, I backgrounded the application instead of closing it and tested different layouts. When you call the app from background the 'extra' restore does not happen so my file was not empty)

So the program loads the keyboards saved in the file just before saving them again to load the math keyboards. Thus it enters in a loop where the file is always the same, except if you change layouts while the app is running.

Anyway, I am attaching a new version that hopefully resolves the situation. I kindly ask you to test it.

P.S. the application does not work in PR1.1 because of a theming option. If anybody is still on PR1.1 please speak up and I can upload a PR1.1 variant.
Attached Files
File Type: deb mobilecrunch_0.0.3_armel.deb (179.5 KB, 198 views)

Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Nice app. I would like support for landscape mode

Tags
calculator