Took some shots earlier of the N900 with some current (smart)phones.
  • Apple iPhone
  • BlackBerry Bold/Storm 2,
  • Nokia N97 Mini/N86/5800/E71,
  • Palm Pre,
  • Samsung i8910/Omnia II,
  • Sony Ericsson Satio/Aino and
  • Toshiba TG01

>>Click<<

Not really comparison size as I didn't get a fair angle.
Quite interesting that in all the Cardiff retail stores, no one knew of the N900. A couple of Vodafone guys said Vod unsure about N900 because it's a mobile OS that's based on Linux. They said that whilst caressing a HTC Magic. (Same thing with Phones4U chaps - they were uneasy about a phone that has the scary Linux)

Another Voda guy said not til December...2010...and then proceeded to show me GSM arena as the source page. He was a bit stunned to see a N900 as apparently he'd been reading about it.

Carphone Warehouse peeps are the most clueless people out of the bunch. They said they've never heard of a N900. He was like "That's not a N900, That's a N97".

This lack of knowledge of upcoming phones is understandable - though these guys work in phone shops, they're really there just to sell tariffs and handsets - not so much to be "in the know". I remember before being told to avoid a phone with bluetooth because the data charges are expensive.

Lastly, though you maybe sick of it - here's some unboxing photos and video to push you over the edge.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JayMontano For This Useful Post:
Not too shabby in comparison, considering the N900 is a linux computer with phone functionality, while the others (and I'll include those of them with the linux-kernel) are just smart phones.

Hey, nice. But could you please shorten the thread title? It fills half the column on the right (and i'm slapping myself now for making it appear there again through this post)

Actually, it's really freakin small. The thickness doesn't bother me at all. I wish it was bigger. Cell phones are too small these days anyway, and their purpose has changed. They should be bigger. Web Browsing, email, chatting, video, etc. All of those apps should be on a bigger device, but small enough to fit in a pocket. I don't want something that will fit in Buffy's back pocket of her tight a s s jeans. And if you are a guy with tight a s s jeans, you are on the wrong forum.

Wow! Too funny, you can't type A S S in the forum. It replaces it with asterisks. A S S, A S S, A S S, A S S, A S S, A S S, A S S.

Ok, I am better now.

Last edited by sirflyalot; 2009-11-26 at 20:34.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sirflyalot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sirflyalot View Post
Actually, it's really freakin small. The thickness doesn't bother me at all. I wish it was bigger. Cell phones are too small these days anyway, and their purpose has changed. They should be bigger. Web Browsing, email, chatting, video, etc. All of those apps should be on a bigger device, but small enough to fit in a pocket. I don't want something that will fit in Buffy's back pocket of her tight a s s jeans. And if you are a guy with tight a s s jeans, you are on the wrong forum.

Wow! Too funny, you can't type A S S in the forum. It replaces it with asterisks. A S S, A S S, A S S, A S S, A S S, A S S, A S S.

Ok, I am better now.
thank god i dont like jeans.....

thanks for the comparsions. im digging the mario backgrond

lol i really wish the n900 was bigger... it's acutally kinda small imho. maybe a 4 inch screen would be really nice even if the overall size of the device is bigger.

But i still love my n900 =)

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by JayMontano View Post
Took some shots earlier of the N900 with some current (smart)phones.
Fingerprint city!

It's a good idea to have something displaying on the screen when you photograph it - especially next to another device which is displaying something.

I see in your photos that the fingerprints only show in the photos where the N900 is a black screen.

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Not to mention that someone can get the images of your fingerprints from the photo, replicate them, and frame you for a crime.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by mullf View Post
Not to mention that someone can get the images of your fingerprints from the photo, replicate them, and frame you for a crime.
That's a good idea for a Maemo "computational photography" app