Posts: 53 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Helsinki, Finland
Hi

I posted a new version of simple-launcher. The main changes are:
  • different widget for buttons --> no visual feedback on clicking
  • transparency is a new option
  • you can specify what icon size you'd want

Please comment

The launcher is available at: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=131

Please do not forget to reboot the device after installation/upgrade.

Last edited by MishaS; 2007-05-17 at 08:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to MishaS For This Useful Post:
Very nice!

I like the large icons, I can easily tap with a finger to launch now.

Just upgraded to 0.9.4 on my 770 running 2006 OS. Works great! Only problem I have is that the icons for GPE ToDo, GPE Contacts, and GPE Calander stay tiny, even when I select the "large" size for icons in the launcher settings. All the other icons do indeed become large.

I think it would be a nice improvement if you could configure more than just one row of icons (kinda like 'Idea' lets you do)

thanks for this great app!
Neil

Where are the new options hidden? Installed the latest update but can't find any difference to previous version! No option to activate the transparent mode or to change icon size..? What do I do wrong?

Originally Posted by dcroennau View Post
Where are the new options hidden? Installed the latest update but can't find any difference to previous version! No option to activate the transparent mode or to change icon size..? What do I do wrong?
You have to restart the device, I'm using N800 and it helped.

Restarting the device did the trick... many thanks

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Colorado, USA
Nice improvements. Thanks! I like being able to change the size of icons. This version also fixed a minor problem I was seeing in previous version where when I go into settings to select apps on launcher bar, I would see 2-3 apps on the list that have no description and their icons are just the default icons. I expected to like the transparent background mode but I found it was harder to see the icons depending upon the background image. A partial transparent background might be better for me. I switched back to white background and I noticed there is now a line between icons in the background instead of one smooth continuous background.

This is a really great app, it really should come pre-installed. It makes using the n800 that much better.

Nice update, thanks.

I saw only one (new) problem : the launcher restarted with the smallest size and in transparent mode. When I set it to the next size up the last icon to the right is almost entirely not displayed (although it seems to remain clickable). In non-transparent mode there is no display problem.

here is another "old" problem I don't think I've ever posted here : I have several icons in the launcher for games, from Nokia (like Mahjong) or third party (like battlegweled, minesweeper etc.). All work well except the one for Maemo Blocks (tetris clone) which reboots the tablet as soon as I touch it, each and every time... I've had to remove it and use it from the normal menu, where it works fine. Anyone seen a similar behaviour before ?

thanks for making this MishaS, an excellent update and, to echo others, the kind of thing Nokia should be buying off you!

fpp - I have "blocks" on the pre-update and the new version and don't have any problem, thankfully.