Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Ah, this was about POP. I didn't even remember that GMail supported POP access. Sorry.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
On my N800, the email client creates a Modest folder on my external SD card, how can I change it so that it saves to my internal card?

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by killdeer View Post
I have Gmail set up in the default email client on my n810 using POP. The problem is when I write an email on my desktop and send it. The n810 gets it and thinks it's an incoming mail. How can I fix this?
Disclaimer: I haven't tried it myself... But last time I was in Settings -> Labs (from the gmail web interface) there was an add-on to have the button Send & Archive on the e-mail composing page. You might want to try this add-on and see if sent & archived e-mails are not then downloaded to the n810.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Disclaimer: I haven't tried it myself... But last time I was in Settings -> Labs (from the gmail web interface) there was an add-on to have the button Send & Archive on the e-mail composing page. You might want to try this add-on and see if sent & archived e-mails are not then downloaded to the n810.
That might be a fix for those who insist on using POP. I quickly switched to IMAP after the suggestions here and I haven't had the problem since.