Active Topics

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ In the Arctic part of Norway
Originally Posted by argonius View Post
Same here with order #277 for Switzerland. If you look at the spreadsheet it is obvious the order for Norway & Switzerland have not been shipped yet...
Indeed

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread Jolla might not have the additional paperwork done for us poor sods living outside the EU (but inside the EEA).

The Following User Says Thank You to trashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rooster13 View Post
35xx in picking from Finland! Finally!!!
Same with 37xx.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by JiiHoo View Post
Same with 37xx.
Did you get any notification/email, or is checking the status on shop.jolla.com the only indicator?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by trashin View Post
Indeed

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread Jolla might not have the additional paperwork done for us poor sods living outside the EU (but inside the EEA).
It might also be that paperwork is delayed on the other side. If a lot of bureaucracy is involved shipping to non-EU countries in a way that the recipients wouldn't have to pay tax twice and customs on top, paperwork can take time.
IMHO it also makes sense to collect the shipments for the non-EU countries and send them all together, to not have the same bureaucracy procedures over and over again.
Even Nokia had trouble sending devices to some countries.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by N9uwu View Post
Did you get any notification/email, or is checking the status on shop.jolla.com the only indicator?
No email yet. Had to destroy my F5 key...
goViihde, an Elisa Viihde client for N9
Shortcut Stash Home Screen Widget

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rooster13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by N9uwu View Post
Nothing via mail so far, noticed from shop.jolla.com.

The Following User Says Thank You to JiiHoo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by rooster13 View Post
No email yet. Had to destroy my F5 key...
Thanks. Time to engage CTRL+R!

As I've understood, the Jolla order notification process goes like this:

1) First hint is that the order goes from Paid to In Picking. This is the one big bit of really good news, others are not so trustworthy - sometimes this is the only info prior to receiving the phone and other steps may happen in delayed fashion. You have to keep checking the webstore for this. Some have made scripts to do this, see earlier in this thread.

2) If you are receiving to a foreign location (not Finland), FedEx is probably used and using the webstore order number in FedEx reference number tracking can possibly be used to check the status once you are In Picking. See tips earlier in this thread.

3) After this, the second info from Jolla directly is usually an email with the tracking number. The number may be mangled up, so check the FedEx tip above if so. But this has come to some only after the phone has been delivered, so it may or may not be useful in your case.

4) The webstore also has statuses for shipping and delivered, but in reality these may be update late, if at all, so are probably not that useful. One can of course check for them and, again, earlier in the thread there are some examples of scripts automatically checking these statuses.

I repeat my estimate from a couple of pages ago, 3000-4000 ranges hopefully go into shipping this week (clearly since last night and today Jolla has been moving into the 3000 range) and most people should at least have their Jolla on the road by Christmas, if not yet received. Unfortunately for some this means not getting it in the 3-4 week window, nor in priority order which has not been respected, but at least they have light at the end of the tunnel.

Only question marks to me are the few non-EU foreign orders (is there a delaying issue there) and the possibility that there are more orders than the 4000 range, which might mean processing might not proceed fast enough - but I think this is the lesser worry of the two question marks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ In the Arctic part of Norway
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
It might also be that paperwork is delayed on the other side. If a lot of bureaucracy is involved shipping to non-EU countries in a way that the recipients wouldn't have to pay tax twice and customs on top, paperwork can take time.
IMHO it also makes sense to collect the shipments for the non-EU countries and send them all together, to not have the same bureaucracy procedures over and over again.
Even Nokia had trouble sending devices to some countries.
Thank you pycage for your insights on this matter.
I agree with all the points you make, but, I've never seen this delay ever from Nokia from which I've ordered quite a few phones from over the last decade (shipping to Norway specifically).

Jolla being such a small and young company this is easy to forgive, they can't have experts on every matter at hand at this stage.

I am starting to get the feeling that the technical problems reported earlier might be part of what us 100Euro/First Wave preorder customers in Norway and Switzerland are experiencing right now......

Cybette is welcome to give a comment here at any time

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I think it is quiet, because everyone's busy refreshing Fedex' website

Just a heads up for those who got the 'In picking' status yesterday (like mysef) - try checking Fedex. Mine is finally trackable since about one hour ago and it should arrive tomorrow.
My status also changed to In Picking yesterday, but I can't find any details on FedEx.

What Ship Date did you use? Does anyone know if there's any specific format needed for a UK postal code?

Edit: Wow, that is freaky! I've been refreshing / re-searching on the FedEx page so many times. Then suddenly straight after my post, I now get a search result!

Estimated delivery: Thur 19/12/2013

Last edited by zamorph; 2013-12-18 at 11:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to zamorph For This Useful Post: