Originally Posted by plipp View Post
2) Yesterday i experienced a more serious glitch. I was playing an android game, and suddenly the phone crashed and started showing the "recharging" screen even though the phone was not plugged in. Later i found out that someone had tried to call me while i was playing, but the phone did not ring. Starting the phone again fixed the problem. A bit earlier the phone also just crashed when playing the game, and i had trouble even restarting it until i plugged it in. The battery showed ~60 % load. The game i was playing is "Hill climb racer".
Now I'm a bit more concerned. My device crashed the same way when i was simply typing an sms. I had made a note and copy/pasted it into a new sms. Then when i was editing it, the phone displayed the recharging image, a red indicator led, and shut down. Starting it up again everything was fine except the sms i had typed was gone. Now an hour later I'm still at 80 % battery, so a low battery should not have been the issue.

Could this be a hw issue with my device, or just a software bug? I would be happy to provide log files or other additional information if necessary upon request.

Last edited by plipp; 2013-12-21 at 11:37. Reason: Wrong quote...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
You keep saying community should do XYZ but never question Jolla's own developer relations. Since they didn't have a native twitter integration (as usual cite lack of resources), did they approach dicksonleong from the onset and work with him to integrate tweetian into their device so that twitter feeds opened in tweetian instead of the browser? Or for that matter did they approach any other N9 twitter app devs for help with integration?

Jolla keep saying the spirit of co-creation is what they are after but I haven't read about a single native app for SailfishOS that was done in such a spirit (exclude Jolla employed developers).

AFAIK i is a jolla employer working with the tweetian port for sailfishos....

Ofcourse this should be pushed upstream. I take that for granted old repo here:

https://github.com/sailfishapps/Twee.../sailfish-port

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-21 at 11:58.

Do the proxy settings per wlan (long type on your prefered wlan->edit, proxy -> manual, type in your settings) have any effect? I setup my privoxy but cannot reach http://p.p or http://config.privoxy.org with the browser.

And there is a little problem with entering the proxy settings: When entering an url sometimes the whole host name is deleted when entering a ".". I tried to copy/paste the http-url to the https-url which worked. But at a second try I could not enter the http-url either...

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by plipp View Post
1) My google account does not stay logged in. About once a day i get a notification that the account is not logged in, and i have to login again. The e-mail sync seems to work any way (sometimes). I use 2 factor authentication, so this is quite annoying. Ideally i would like to log in to my google account using a generated application password.
Same, though only single-factor authentication. It is a Google Apps account though (the kind you now have to pay for, although I don't) and using my own domain, if that makes any difference. I reported it a few days ago to care@jolla.com and have a Zendesk case but it's not yet assigned to anyone. I even have journal logs covering the period when the Jolla signed out the Google account, but I won't be submitting them until I have some assurance that nobody else (non-Jolla) will be able to access their contents - I've posted that question on the case, needless to say it remains unanswered 2 days later.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2013-12-21 at 13:03.

I have a few bugs that are inherited from the N9 even.. is this still the right place?

1) When the clock is between 23 and 00 when you add a calendar reminder, having previously selected a day (in the main calendar view) to add it to: It gets added yet another day forward. Bonus bugs for jolla: when adding between 22 and 23, it starts and ends on different days.. so that messes up editing. Bonus-bonus-bug: calendar ui does not update unless you poke around a bit, i.e. if you leave the app open over night it still shows the previous day as current even after you open it.

2) When erasing text, only seen it in the browser, especially if you have a slight lag.. sometimes a another copy of the word (maybe even another word from the same field) shows up to the right of the cursor. And this can happen over and over.. sometimes driving me crazy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attah For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
When you have lots of media (photos and large movie files) on the SD card, I noticed that the Gallery takes a long time every time to start up.
It first looks as if Gallery had crashed after starting, but if you wait for 10 seconds or so, it will finally appear and work as expected.

Does it try to re-index the same content over and over every time I start Gallery?
I have a several hundred 12mp photos and the gallery opens instantly, so it might be a specific file in your case that causes the lag.

However, I have another issue, sometimes the sd card gets unmounted and I have to reboot to get it back. I think it is happening after a OH swap, but not sure (can't reproduce)

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Contacts application does not seem to accept two part surnames (eg. von Richthofen).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liplap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I have a several hundred 12mp photos and the gallery opens instantly, so it might be a specific file in your case that causes the lag.

However, I have another issue, sometimes the sd card gets unmounted and I have to reboot to get it back. I think it is happening after a OH swap, but not sure (can't reproduce)
By the way, could you please tell me how to automatically mount the SD card at startup? It is a 64 GB card, so I had to format it to Ext4 (exFat is not supported for that size and the Jolla does not support the mkfs.vfat function, but I had to use the Jolla to change the filesystem because I have no card reader). The filesystem may be related with the no-automounting-issue.

I still wonder how to add files to the SD card too. I tried to mount it to /home/nemo/sdcard using "mount -o /dev/mmcblk1p1", went to this location through my SFTP software, but could only add a few files (certainly not 64 GB) before I started to get writting errors messages. I also tried to add files directly to /run/user/100000/media/sdcard, but no rights to write there apparently.

Finally, when the above problem will be solved, how should I proceed for the files on the SD card to appear in Gallery and Media apps?

I'm not asking the questions specifically to you Qwazix don't worry , just using your post to rise them. They're related.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2013-12-22 at 18:14.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Ha, just found a bug.

When configuring an email signature, it's attached to the email message by the string "--" on its own line. This is almost correct.

Since the dawn of the Usenet postings, it has been two dashes, a space and a newline. Yeah, it's on a RFC somewhere, as well.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Plain pdf files.
Downloading the file works fine but nothing happening after clicking the file.
Do you have documents app installed ? If so do the pdfs show up there after download ?