Active Topics

Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Lets try to keep this thread clean of any links regarding "you know what". I am pretty sure though that anyone who wanted the update got it already. The most embarassing thing for Nokia was that the thread was there for hours without any kind of concern of getting closed...

They closed the thread, then removed the links. It is clearly a better strategy than removing them first, then doing something else.

BTW This is why internet is not an ideal place for a big company with something as easily distributed as an operating system... One guy finds out where it is and half an hour later couple of thousand people are testing PR1.2 out...

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Nottingham
Originally Posted by bahamutn View Post
tried that as well but still no luck >.<
have you tried closing the keyboard?

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by oxford View Post
Sticking to the original topic, one big improvement for me is that one can now also search for albums by typing the name (a bit sluggish, but better than having to flick through several hundred albums...).
... and search for apps to install same way, really nice.

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
do anyone know if skype chat finally works ?

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pakistan
so officially Qt now? thats more than enough for me time for some serious Qt development. Qt SDK here i come

The Following User Says Thank You to aliirz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by AtteK0 View Post
The update PR1.2 has been ready for months. It has not been released because we have to wait for something for us to be even a little excited with our half-dead OSs. After this, there probably won´t be any updates for the N900 Maemo 5 ever again. Meego and Symbian^3 and all the coders are probably sucked to those projects...
None of that is even remotely true. If really so, state real sources to back it up.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Originally Posted by rpgAmazon View Post
... and search for apps to install same way, really nice.
The only bone i have to pick with that system is that when 1 repo goes down, so does your ability to search.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
None of that is even remotely true. If really so, state real sources to back it up.
The PR 1.2 SDK was available for quite some time. When they are capable of delivering an SDK, what makes you think they didn't have PR 1.2 already?

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
A month or so ago "a few selected ones" were sent PR1.2s for them to try them out and check for bugs. Certainly it was far from ready back then and I do not know how old the update is what we have got.

How much longer we would had to have waited for the update if it weren´t for this?

The Following User Says Thank You to AtteK0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ireland
Question about the FM radio, Still working (Transmit and receiver?) What about Youtube? playing any better?
Battery life? Ram usage?

Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality