Originally Posted by chasetheangel View Post
@GOW424

Just a feedback:

I think most of the crashes on Wazapp that Im using is/was caused by switching of connections from Wifi to 3g and vice versa. Some of this crashes, the UI just hanged without any activity. I tried the script and experienced while it tried to reconnect the hanged Wazapp, it comes to a loop of 'connecting', 'online', 'offline'. Is there anyway to make the script to completely shutdown the app before restart and connect?

BTW, I'm using the dev version. I've able to avoid the hanged Wazapp crash by staying on 3g all the time and completely disabling Wifi connection for it.
I don't think so, the scripts only function is to ensure Wazapp stays running, I have also had a couple of DEV version UI screw ups but that's the price to pay for using a DEV version.

This doesn't happen on the current release.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
how do i undo this? i tried it, and now i get like random permanent freezes (When it decides to start) i have to restart the whole phone to get it working...

Originally Posted by super-hero View Post
how do i undo this? i tried it, and now i get like random permanent freezes (When it decides to start) i have to restart the whole phone to get it working...
Then just use the original desktop file in my initial post.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

Anyway to get splash screen?

Originally Posted by eltoffer View Post
Anyway to get splash screen?
There probably is a way, but I honestly don't see the point, it is a useless feature that disappears when you swipe it away to try and do something else anyways.

My Contributions

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Then just use the original desktop file in my initial post.
Thanx man, i did that and deleted the .db file and it works now

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Lebanon
Originally Posted by super-hero View Post
Thanx man, i did that and deleted the .db file and it works now
hi where is the .db i want to try to delete it maybe it work with me so please help me

Originally Posted by Rabah_vip View Post
hi where is the .db i want to try to delete it maybe it work with me so please help me
/home/user/.wazapp

My Contributions

Hi Guys, Let me say straight away that i am new to this but need to sort out my wazapp hanging.
I tried the scripts and when entering the code i get 'file not found" errors, could you please be a bit more specific as to where exactly to copy the files too as well as with the procedure to enter the script.
many thanks

[QUOTE=godofwar424;1232066]End result script works great here are the two scripts created from this idea!

INSTRUCTIONS!

Connect your N9 to your computer via USB and copy the waxmppplugin.desktop and wazapp.sh file onto your Device.

Now unplug the USB and open the Terminal, and type in the following. If any commands give a permissions error, try again as root.

Code:
cp /home/user/MyDocs/wazapp.sh /home/user/
cp /home/user/MyDocs/waxmppplugin.desktop /usr/share/applications/
chmod 755 /home/user/wazapp.sh
chmod 644 /usr/share/applications/waxmppplugin.desktop

If script 2 is place in /home/user/ and saved as wazapp.sh then using this .desktop file to replace the default one for Wazapp, you can achieve a Wazapp that will restart itself if it errors for any reason

If you Quit the app yourself, it will not restart until you do it manually

Originally Posted by alberto.machado12 View Post
Hi Guys, Let me say straight away that i am new to this but need to sort out my wazapp hanging.
I tried the scripts and when entering the code i get 'file not found" errors, could you please be a bit more specific as to where exactly to copy the files too as well as with the procedure to enter the script.
many thanks
I need to know what part you get the error, post a terminal output or something

My Contributions