Just figured I'd let everyone know my N900 has no problems outside of a vpnc issue (and vpnc is still in development and has nothing to do with the N900 itself)

Keep in mind the people who's phones aren't giving them problems are not here posting.

Just figured I'd be one of the few that would tout reality. This phone works fantastic, it's fast, it's responsive, runs all kinds of things very well, and is a geek or tinkerer's wet dream.

Added polls requested by others:

Last edited by Laughingstok; 2009-12-07 at 18:58. Reason: Added polls requested by others.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Laughingstok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Philadelphia, PA
Agreed -mine works like a charm as well.

It should also be noted that the N900 is not just for geeks. A friend of mine picked up my N900 off the bar, logged in to Facebook, browsed the net, and then returned it to me and said, "I'm getting this!" She is a bartender and has zero geekiness in her.

So - the device appeals - we have to stop being self-deprecating.

I concur with both previous posts. My n900 works amazingly well and I have gotten a number of "non geeky" people interested by just showing off my phone. I love it... hopefully nokia does something with ovi maps soon though!

The Following User Says Thank You to solotc For This Useful Post:
I vote for a poll in here.

Like:
Yes, it does!
No, it does not....

still highly unrepresentative (people with problems have a probability of... hmm 10? 100? don't know times visiting a forum), but hopingly encouraging at the same time!

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Iowa, USA
Thanks for the post, this helps me reassure myself that my decision to ask for a replacement rather than refund was probably the better choice..

Assuming I get my replacement before February.

The Following User Says Thank You to Klowner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dundee
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
Just figured I'd let everyone know my N900 has no problems outside of a vpnc issue (and vpnc is still in development and has nothing to do with the N900 itself)

Keep in mind the people who's phones aren't giving them problems are not here posting.

Just figured I'd be one of the few that would tout reality. This phone works fantastic, it's fast, it's responsive, runs all kinds of things very well, and is a geek or tinkerer's wet dream.
Good to hear some positive views. I will hopefully receive my device tomorrow and was getting concerned by the volume of negative posts (albeit a lot of which i don't care for such as bluetooth, camera, etc).
I think a lot of new customers (non IT) coming into this forum may be slightly swayed towards a different brand after reading just a handful of posts due to the seemingly in depth knowledge of linux needed just to do some simple tasks.
I thought I was quite technical myself till reading some posts in here, although I think ill manage to get out of the phone what i need(I hope).
I don't use twitter or flickr or much of that stuff, but I'll appreciate the vast variety of functions on this device that will definitely make it enjoyable for me, as long as the knowledge and support are passed from nokia and Maemo team down to end users.
Maemo has no obligation to nokia customers so you can only ask politely for bugs to be fixed, which I find worrying if top team players decide to jump ship to avoid the 'hassle' of the bleating sheep such as myself.
Was getting worried for a while but, it's good to know it doesn't require absolute dependence on others(maemo.org) just to get my expensive toy to perform minimal tasks and modifications although I think ill probably be on this site asking questions more than using the phone.
Fingers crossed for me and thanks for the proverbial 'ray of light' and I do appreciate the work the whole team at Maemo.org, including end users do to keep the device moving forward as its also the future of MY device lol. This forum is almost unique in its friendliness and helpfulness toward others, which is worth ignoring a few device shortcomings for imo.

The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyMagic For This Useful Post:
Was it just me or did the N900 look like a delicious bar of dark chocolate, when the store assistant opened the box for the first time? I felt like taking a bite out of it lol.

Now, I luuuurve showing it off to friends

The Following User Says Thank You to nokialova For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Mine works as advertised =)

Or better, even.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandibela For This Useful Post:
Mine is fantastic.

(Still a few bugs to work out... but fantastic nonetheless)

The Following User Says Thank You to rcs1000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dundee
@all above posts=

What a relief