Active Topics

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Eindhoven Area, the Netherlands
Sounds good and promising! Your work is and will be appreciated. For now, enjoy your holidays!

As it comes to media players I would suggest:
  • MediaMonkey
  • XBMC
  • VLC

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
why the need for Xbmc remoter? I mean we already have xbmcremote which is damn good.

I found some time to fix bugs, and already started writing modules. I think there are much more improvements to make, this is still my first C++/Qt project.

As already mentioned, every player will inherit a base mediaplayer class which contains functions like onPlay, onPause, onStop, onGetInfo(mediatags - artist, title, length, ...)

Going to try my first Harmattan UI soon which will be a proof of concept and include winamp for windows, and clementine for linux.

I still can't provide good screenshots, mostly everything is still code. But i was able to improve my code, so you/i will need just one line to (safely) invoke a method on the serverside.

Here is one screenshot from my archlinux system, i invoked the "onGetInfo" method which returns infos about a track (console below):

I'm still open for requests and ideas

Going to integrate push messages soon, which means, the server can send messages to the client without requesting them. Will be helpful for events. For example the mediaplayer changes the track, then the client gets notified about it.

Last edited by pinvoke; 2012-07-26 at 14:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinvoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
Great app Could this also work the other way? I.e. enable to use PC keyboard to type on N9?
I love the idea of writing SMS from my laptop - good luck man!

Originally Posted by don.edri View Post
Great app Could this also work the other way? I.e. enable to use PC keyboard to type on N9?
I love the idea of writing SMS from my laptop - good luck man!
Sure, as mentioned you can place a server on your n9 too. If i write a module for it, it's possible of course

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinvoke For This Useful Post:
I keep working and working.
It's really incredible what I learned in these weeks and I'm happy that i started this project.

I mostly finished the QML UI learning part, and I'm implementing it right now within the code. I wrote a Login and a Mediaplayer UI for the first try.

Later you will get an extended Login UI where you can save several servers and a Module UI which will manages every module on its own.

In the moment the LoginUI shows the Mediaplayer UI directly after a successful connection to the server.

I also noticed, that the Server just takes around 2.5MB Ram, and 3.1MB after a (really) huge usage (500+ Requests). I think there are small fixes to do, i wont stop coding, i'm pretty optimistic right now.

Still nothing fancy. I was more fixed on the code side. Now i will concentrate on the UI. The Buttons are already working by the way. The coloured background will be replaced by the albumcover later. Clementine (Linux music player) already works great. Winamp is now in development.

So far.. I thought about starting a small blog where i post more informations and guidelines about this app. Any interests?

Have a nice day!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pinvoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Great progress! Please make UI buttons bigger for a start

Sooo I was working on a design for my media player module.

What do you guys think?

I finished the module manager, and will complete the loginmanager tomorrow.

The pages are stacked now. So the backbutton works flawlessly on every module

Greetings

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pinvoke For This Useful Post:
looks absolutely awesome, im looking forward to this! keep up the good work

Looks awesome so far!