Active Topics

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Ordered the first few hundred keyboard PCBs.

The first keypad samples should arrive before the end of februari, so I should be able to send all proto's for the 400E orders and our Hero, as well as the DIY people.
After that I should have a few developer devices left for internal development.

Things that still need to be determined at that point are for instance some resistor values (trial&error) for the backlight brightness and some production issues need to be ironed out -for instance the pogo pins do not go in my pick&place machine.

Still going fine, still mostly waiting on parts.

This is how ~1000 TOH-covers look like btw:

The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=dirkvl;1457373]By who?!?!?

9 januari on IRC.

It started out with something completely different on which urjaman said: "also, there isn't a 5V available (3.3V is), but that's not relevant ..."

On which I replied "That would probably make it impossible to charge the Jolla from the back cover"

And then kimmoli wrote: "unfortunately charge pin is not available on base pads".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roland684 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Roland684 View Post
And then kimmoli wrote: "unfortunately charge pin is not available on base pads".
Yes, At that time my information was based on the prototype i had. After that the design has changed, and charge input is available.

Sorry for confuscation.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
Sorry for confuscation.
Confusatenatification. (Sorry, couldn't resist )

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Awesome.

FYI, if someone builds a magnetic desk/night stand charging dock for the TOHKB cover, I will immediately buy 4 of them. 6, if there's 3,5mm audio output.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jannuhat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by jannuhat View Post
Awesome.

FYI, if someone builds a magnetic desk/night stand charging dock for the TOHKB cover, I will immediately buy 4 of them. 6, if there's 3,5mm audio output.
Is the 3.5mm audio output on your phone already taken? What's theuse case for the 2nd one?

The Following User Says Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by n900user259 View Post
Is the 3.5mm audio output on your phone already taken? What's theuse case for the 2nd one?
I think he wants a docking station, when you take off, you dont have to deal with cables and stuff

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Two quick questions:
1. In the Kickstarter mail it suggests a picture of the signature edition should have been there but there is none, though I ordered regular I am of course very curious what I'm missing out on....

2. Any chance of combining bumperOH with the keyboard OH?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keeper of the Keys For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I had a chance to hold on the TOHKBD prototype at FOSDEM.
I can say: it's high quality stuff

Thanks again dirkvl, looking forward for the final version!

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
It's way too late hour, but I just now found this thread and have laughed over and over again! I like your style, sir

In the spirit of supporting the community TOHkbd project, we have also implemented keyboard slide policy that will guide the display (un)blanking behaviour when sliding the hardware keyboard in/out.
(sauce) Probably old news now, but you really made Jolla make a move. Amazing! And now I have one reason more to love Jolla - they actually do support community projects (Update FAQ? Haha, maybe not!) (Also: btrfs balance, aww yeah!)

Oh, in addition to sending my money having placed pre-order, I send you all the virtual elbow grease I have! Just awesome work! Thank you already!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mattiviljanen For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd