Active Topics

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chester, CA
Originally Posted by cr0c0 View Post
I bought a Zagg for an iPad, and i cut my own. So far I protected 3 N9s, 1 N900 and 2 HTC Sensation. Absolutely no scratches, but it does make dragging the stylus on the N900 a bit strange as the friction is higher than regular protectors.
Yeah i guess your right there now that i think about it, still i think its worth the tradeoff.

And the skinomi, is thinner, i have that on my 2nd n900 and its considerably more tactile, and there's less friction. All while offerign the same scrachless protection. and iirc its cheaper too

The Following User Says Thank You to eleseur For This Useful Post:
Funny enough, I find 1$ polycarbonate screen protectors (BlueStar, GT, ExclusiveLine - doesn't matter which one, as this - and few others - are made by same factory) best ones.

Application - if done properly - is absolutely bubble/dirt free, super fast, and image quality is perfect. No change to stylus behavior. Quite resistant to scratches - I change them every 6 months or so, and thanks to super-low price, always have a stock of them in drawer.

Not to mention lack of requirement for things like water-glue'ing... It's funny, because once, I really considered overpriced things like Zagg. I guess, that I will leave those for heli rotors, after all

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I go with the Brando Ultra Clear since times of N95.
And still have the first one on the N95 (okay, would need replacement if used on daily basis), still first one on N97 and also still the first one on my N900. This one got now some light scratches on one side where I sed to scroll down/up in browser (after at least 2 almost 3 years heavy usage), they still do not disturb or annoy me to the point of exchange.
Protection is good, resistance also, view is absolutely clear and perfect, even better clearance in sunlight. Easy to reapply if some dust crawls in.

There may be cheaper ones, but I had two/three bad experiences.
So I will stay with this mid-prized product!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-07-13 at 11:32. Reason: time span

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
+1 for Brando, but I don't like the ultra-clear ones as I hate glossy stuff. I get the normal ones, they last years (only now on my second one!)

Edit: with normal I meant the anti-glare ones: http://shop.brando.com/Brando-Worksh...4014c19d8.html

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Yep, depends on one's preferences.
I prefer to (almost) not even notice there is a screen protector at all.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
I've had:

- OtterBox protector that came with the case. Smooth stylus action, and no scratches for two years. It's the thick, smooth kind that uses glue to stay on. After about two years it got a few bubbles underneath, and dust had gotten in at the edges (partly my fault as I had not applied it carefully enough; one corner was totally not adhering). At that point the protector had minor scratches from keys in the pocket. The screen was in perfect condition. No holes for the sensors.

-Phantomskinz - the thin, rubbery type. You dip it in soapy water to make it stick. Does not attract scratches, and offers a slight resistance to dragging a fingernail or a styles, which is not an issue with me. You get two for $10. Has holes for the sensors. Application is a bit of a hassle with soapy water, but there is a good instructional video on their web site and mine is sticking from edge to edge like an Alabama tick.

The Following User Says Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Not to mention lack of requirement for things like water-glue'ing... It's funny, because once, I really considered overpriced things like Zagg. I guess, that I will leave those for heli rotors, after all
Actually I only can advice anybody to avoid zagg shields for any of their devices.
I bought them at first and found them nice. Were a bit sticky but seemed very durable. And their lifetime waranty was perfect : I knew I was about to keep my n900 for many years and wanted to not have to pay attention to get a stock of screen protectors for the time when it will be hard to find replacements...

Today, I own 4 n900 and 2 open pandoras, and all my screen protectors come from zagg (6 for n900 and 2 for open pandoras). Since they are pretty used now, I tried to ask for a replacement.
Their answer : invisible shields for n900 and archos 605 (which screen is the same as open pandora) aren't available anymore so they won't fullfill the warranty.

Has anybody ever tried Xtreme Guard (and their lifetime warranty ) ?

Last edited by Bearserker; 2014-11-26 at 23:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bearserker For This Useful Post:
who is the best MAEMO guy who can speak about screen protector?
who can be?[I] the one and only one[/I(]someone from Finland) Why do you need a screen protector if you did not use The(I) Mypaint?????????
the cheapest is the best.

Last edited by SHARP66; 2014-11-27 at 05:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to SHARP66 For This Useful Post:
I've had the Boxwave Glossy screen protector on my daily driver N900 for almost 5 years and it's none the worse for wear. (I tried and disliked the matte version.)

The Following User Says Thank You to ashes For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlashInTheNight86 For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, screen protect